PDA

View Full Version : "Super Sequels"

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
May 1st, 2007, 05:27 PM
As you know, there are going to be alot of sequels to the DC/Marvel Superhero movies coming up, and honestly I rather fear for most of them. Here's what I think about each;

Spiderman 3: This series, in my opinion has been so far the truest comic-to-movie adaptation of them all. I really enjoyed Spiderman, liked the sequel ten times better, and the third installment looks pretty darn awesome, but the whole appearance of Venom rather bothers me. You see, in the comics, Eddie Brock is supposed to be a rather buff jock-like dude who, when he contracts the alien virus becomes a hulking monster, but in the movie, Brock, played by Topher Grace, is rather thin and average-looking, and thus, when he becomes Venom he has a wicked gangly look to him. But in the comics, Cassidy is the thin guy who gets hit with a different strain of the alien virus, and becomes Carnage, and he has a wicked gangly look to him, and resembles Venom, except he's red and he can mold his hands into murederous weapons. What I'm trying to say here is if they try to sometime in the future put Carnage into the movies, and they've allready got Venom that resembles him exacly except that he's black, those that aren't in the know are going to think that Carnage is a ripoff of Venom.

-Wolverine: My sister and I both were pissed of by the X-Men 3 movie. It totally ruined the whole comic storyline and the Dark Phoenix Saga, so how do I know the spinoff Wolverine won't suck as hard.

-Fantastic Four 2: Unlike alot of folks, I absolutely loved the first Fantastic Four film, but I'm rather worried about the second one with how they're going to translate the story arc of the Silver Surfer to film. I know one thing, if it doesn't have Glactus in it, I'll be pissed!

-Batman: The Dark Knight: I don't know about you guys, but I'm just worried about how they're gonna portray the Joker.

Does anyone else here share these concerns?

suupaabaka
May 2nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
I have faith in the next Batman. The portrayal of the characters were spot on, although they changed Alfred's accent and took some liberties with the way the characters were used. I think that's a sacrifice that has to be made, as it's impossible to cram all that history into 2 hours of film.

I'll be interested to see how Heath Ledger looks as the Joker, but I'm fairly confident that the character portrayal will be well done. The previous two Batman movies were a farce, and I'm glad they've gone back to the troubled crimefighter theme.

Konrad
May 2nd, 2007, 05:26 AM
-Fantastic Four 2: Unlike alot of folks, I absolutely loved the first Fantastic Four film, but I'm rather worried about the second one with how they're going to translate the story arc of the Silver Surfer to film. I know one thing, if it doesn't have Glactus in it, I'll be pissed!

-Batman: The Dark Knight: I don't know about you guys, but I'm just worried about how they're gonna portray the Joker.

Does anyone else here share these concerns?

Why do a Batmanmovie with the Joker, Jack Nicholson was a great Joker. They could take another villain. :(
And I liked FF too.

saintjon
May 4th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Eh, I dunno. The more time goes by the more I find I don't like about the Tim Burton Batman movies (and the Joel Schumacher ones were obviously terrible).

Jack Nicholson was a really good Joker but there's other ways to do it well. If the new movie is anywhere near as good as Batman Begins it will be worth it to take a risk on the Joker done yet again for the chance to see the Joker done well next to Batman done right.

I know there are lots of fans of Michael Keaton but I dunno, in those Burton movies that was one stiff Batman, poor guy could barely move, he almost seemed dorky as opposed to dangerous.

I'm really looking forward to Spiderman 3, I'll take a movie Venom any way I can get him.

Wulfa_Jones
May 7th, 2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not worried about Batman: Dark Knight. Batman Begins was an amazing re-boot to the movie franchise and I can't see anything going wrong with Dark Knight. I trust Nolan, if he loved the way Ledger played the Joker then I'm cool with that.

As for using the Joker, he is Batman's arch enemy. If they didn't do it this time around then they'd just do it next time. Maybe without Nolan. Sure Nicholson was a good Joker, I figured he was great at the time. However, I was very young then and didn't know much about the character. Now, I don't see Nicholson's performance the same. He didn't laugh enough. The Joker is insane and should act it. I like the way the character is protrayed in the The Batman animated series and in the short fan film Batman: Dead End.

I also hear they are continuing to build for future films, introducing Harvey Dent as the DA

I didn't mind the first Fantastic Four film, but then I have seen the other version... As for FF2, I'm not too hot on the Sliver Surfer effects but Doug Jones was a good choice. I'm worried about the whole Galactus thing...

I hear he does appear... but as a giant cloud... .

Hulk 2 - not sure if this is a re-boot after the last films poor performance or not. No real details about it at present other than lead casting of Ed Norton and Liv Tyler.

As for the X-Men spin-off films... I'm not sure. I'd like to see an adult version of Wolverine - blood and guts etc. I also hear they are planning to do a film about Xavier and Magneto younger years... not too sure about that one.

Zsinj
May 7th, 2007, 08:39 PM
I gotta say I agree about Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker. He did well, but he wasn't insane enough. Plus I didn't like the short hair style he had.The Joker is supposed to have rather wild hair, I believe. And I saw the fanfilm Batman: Dead End, thought it was great, and indeed I think that's how the Joker should be portrayed. One thing I've always wondered, though; even though it sounded cool and all, and it's what I imagine him speaking like when I read the comics, why did Mark Hamill give the Joker a British accent? From what I know, the Joker isn't a British immigrant is he?

Wulfa,
Galactus as a cloud, huh? Well I hope at least the cloud takes the form of his face as it looks in the comics. Then I'd be marginally satisfied.