PDA

View Full Version : Zoe Slater - the Bionic Woman?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wulfa_Jones
May 15th, 2007, 05:47 AM
This will only really make sense to fellow British posters, but Eastenders star Michelle Ryan is playing the Bionic Women in NBC's remake of the 70s show.

Very odd choice.... wonder if she will be trying out an American accent...

Hobbit
May 15th, 2007, 06:09 AM
For those not aware, this is the lady in question:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40132000/jpg/_40132401_michelle_ryan_pa.jpg

Might help? I understand Eastenders is shown in some American cities on the BBC network.

Hobbit

Leiali
May 15th, 2007, 09:58 AM
She was in the recent ITV production of Northanger Abbey. I think she has a really traditional beauty that would fit the physical requirements well - she is statuesque and has a very '70's look imo.
However, I have no idea what her acting is like, having seen the odd episode of eastenders, all any of them do is cry, hit each other and scream lots :) but then acting ability isn't always required in these blockbuster shows are they?

Hobbit
May 16th, 2007, 06:26 PM
And HERE (http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/geekend/?p=665) is a brief clip, also including a certain Katee Sackhoff from BSG.

This clip has quite impressed me, actually. I'm thinking more positive about this series.

Hobbit

Priestvyrce
May 16th, 2007, 10:41 PM
And HERE (http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/geekend/?p=665) is a brief clip, also including a certain Katee Sackhoff from BSG.

This clip has quite impressed me, actually. I'm thinking more positive about this series.

Hobbit

I couldn't see anything,except brief glances of the ground and sound. Still, it is produced by David Eicks and thus I am hopeful for this series.

Wulfa_Jones
May 17th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Well... I wasn't expecting that! The production costs are looking very high and the way the action was shot is quite stylish. I liked the bionic eye effect quite a lot.

Ryan's American accent is ok from the short dialogue scene as well.

No, I'm most impressed. As long as the storylines are decent I'll be interested.

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but I'll still hide it:
Starbuck's character is an older version of the bionic women gone rouge.

Was't Jake 2.0 a bit like a updated version of the Bionic Man? I quite enjoyed that show, but it never made it past season 1.

Priestvyrce
May 17th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Well... I wasn't expecting that! The production costs are looking very high and the way the action was shot is quite stylish. I liked the bionic eye effect quite a lot.

Ryan's American accent is ok from the short dialogue scene as well.

No, I'm most impressed. As long as the storylines are decent I'll be interested.

Not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but I'll still hide it:
Starbuck's character is an older version of the bionic women gone rouge.

Was't Jake 2.0 a bit like a updated version of the Bionic Man? I quite enjoyed that show, but it never made it past season 1.

From the what the premise is, then yes. Jake 2.0 was injected(?) with nano-bots accidentally and then all his bodily functions were of superhuman portions.