PDA

View Full Version : Peep Show = GENIUS!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Gildor
May 19th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Peep Show is at once hilariously funny, and at the same time excruciatingly embarrassing to watch.

Its Sitcomish premise is a socially endeared yet career flop Jez is best friends with Mark who while is in possesion of a secure job is the opposite of Jez, in that he is essentially a social weirdo. They share a flat and just go on crazy adventures with a host of sexually liberal and drug sniffing side characters.

The great part of this is the inner monolgoues and soliloquy like coversations that are held in the protagonist heads, you will scream with laughter at some of these, and often doubly so at some of the squemish things they do.

I can't believe it's took me this long to get into this. Why of why did I not listen to the hype!

Quote of the series from the drug addict cockney ..

Super Hans "Tell you what, that crack is really more-ish."

kged
May 22nd, 2007, 10:10 AM
I love Mitchell & Webb, in all their other incarnations, but I missed the first season of this show and I hate to join anything after it's started, so I need to get me some DVDs and catch up. All their other stuff is first rate, together or apart.

kahnovitch
May 22nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Love this show.
The first person perspective is brilliant as you hear all the neuroses of the two main characters and really get to see the world through them.

Gildor
May 24th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I'm not a fan of Mitchell & Webb in their other shows, but kged their DVD set is quite cheap at the moment, plus you could always watch it online ... for free ;)

Most of it's farily self contained so your not missing any important plot details by missing the first series, I reckon so anyway.

Ropie
May 29th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Mmm, maybe not genius but definitely very, very funny!