View Full Version : Need help on torture methods and torture devices

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Anthorn
May 30th, 2007, 06:03 AM
On of my characters gets tortured in the run up to her execution date.

I need help on what methods of torture these people would use on a female, who is essentially a non- citizan a person with no rights. The People who Torture her are pretty Sadistic, and i all ready have on device thought up..

Its a modified chastity belt designed to give the utmost discomfort, its skin tight and leather, and has two blunt metal rods, that when the belt is put on, the two rods go up both female extremities.........Any other ideas?

Rocket Sheep
May 30th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Extremities? Feet? Or are you being extremely euphemistic? ;)

What time is this set in?

Modern times use sleep deprivation. Controlling light and noise levels to wake prisoners up, after they've only been asleep an hour and tell them it's the next day... so they think they've been held for months after a week and missed dozens of meals. That famous Bay makes prisoners ask nicely before they could go to the toilet or take a shower or get into bed in order to break their spirits... or those equally famous humiliation tactics... but I don't think that'd be believeable in fiction. :(

Olden times had racks for stretching, fingernail pulling, finger smashing, beds of nails, hanging by the arms, stocks and old fruit, etc.

Futuristic times would just use drugs and machines that make the pain senses hit the roof.

Some of this sounds like Solitary.

Basically, you need to decide their motive in torturing her... trying to get info, or just to humiliate?

Anthorn
May 30th, 2007, 07:38 AM
by extremities i ment the vagina and anus.

Its a world that has slowyly devolved, Its a fantasy with airships and ruins made of Iron that litter the landscape.

The people who torture her are her own kind.. in away. She used to be part of a group called the Guardians but was cast out after discovering that the council had lied about the war. Declared a non citizan, one with no rights.
They torture her to find out if she has divulged this information to anyone else, and what else she knows. Her fate has already been decided though at this point. She must die. And its not just Sexual torture, the character is an accomplished flute player so they brake her fingers bone by bone each day.

James Carmack
May 30th, 2007, 10:13 AM
"The extremities" refers to the arms and legs. Remember that.

Now, for damaging the parts you want to damage, a perfectly wicked little device is the pear. Very devious.

Torture, you see, is limited only by the creativity of the torturer. Anything can be improvised into a torture device. Of course, the true artists have a knowledge of anatomy that rivals a doctor and a keen sense of the right tool for the job.

The real question is how much pain are you wanting to inflict, how much damage are you willing to incur and how creative are the people administering the torture.

If we're just going to stick with the basics, batter her with clubs or bare hands, scourge her, string her up on the rack, use thumbscrews, burn her with hot pokers, let the rats chew on her a bit, and deprive her of food, sleep, sanitation and dignity.

Since former comrades are close at hand, if they know her fears and dislikes, the work can be made all the more effective.

However, I should note that torture rarely elicits usable intelligence. People will say anything to make the pain stop. If they actually want to learn the truth, I recommend a mole in the prison population, a fellow sufferer our heroine feels she can confide in. The torture would then be mere window dressing. If only the Guardians are that clever...

Seriously, man, do some research. There's a wealth of info out there. From antiquity to the modern age, you'll not be left wanting for a way to inflict pain and suffering on your fellow man. Of course, in our case, it's strictly research. All for the sake of our craft, right?

Rocket Sheep
May 31st, 2007, 03:33 AM
Ooooh, I've always said that about pears... devious little things... sometimes I bake them whole in chocolate pudding just to teach them a lesson.

In order to extract information, I would go with the old night/day sleep deprivation, food spiking and deception method... ie. everyone who could do anything about the war lie is dead... we are in complete control... your whole village perished and here is a small child from your village to testify to that effect... etc. Brains are so easily scrambled.

I don't think your reverse chastity belt will do any more than give the poor girl a numb bum. Sounds more like a fetish than a torture.

Holbrook
May 31st, 2007, 05:20 AM
I don't think your reverse chastity belt will do any more than give the poor girl a numb bum. Sounds more like a fetish than a torture.

I thought numb bums was what you got from sitting on plastic chairs at school plays. ;)

On topic;

I suggest you research some of the tactics used by the Gastapo on captive female members of SOE during WWII. It will give you a good insight on how, why and the reaction of the captives.

metalhd4ever
May 31st, 2007, 11:47 AM
If we're just going to stick with the basics, batter her with clubs or bare hands, scourge her, string her up on the rack, use thumbscrews, burn her with hot pokers, let the rats chew on her a bit, and deprive her of food, sleep, sanitation and dignity.

James, I'm so glad we're friends. Ummmm...........we are........friends right, James??

:)

James Carmack
May 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM
But of course, Metalhead. You know, a preexisting bond between the torturer and his victim produces the most sumblime bittersweetness you can imagine. Like offering up your own child as a sacrifice to Molech, only longer lasting and more satisfying.

]>:-D>

*turns off evil mode*

*ahem* Yes, sometimes a plumb the depths of darkness a little too deeply. ^_^;

As far as using the Gestapo as an example, make sure your methods fit the technology of your world. I mean, if there's no electricity, there's not much point in breaking out the alligator clips. Also think of the culture you're set in. Manipulating that is a key element to the shame aspect of culture. For instance, Uday Hussein would make a point to shave the head and beard of his victims before he worked them over. Shame and pain make a package that's more than the sum of its parts.

James Carmack
May 31st, 2007, 07:40 PM
One more thing. I'm sure you were being facetious, Rocket, but just so Anthorn doesn't get the wrong idea, the pear I'm talking about isn't the sort that goes well with chocolate pudding. Unless you're using the pudding as a sort of lubricant, which might make the whole experience a touch less bad. Not by much, though. The issue is less about getting it in as getting it back out.

Rocket Sheep
June 1st, 2007, 01:08 AM
...I'm sure you were being facetious, Rocket, ...

Who? Me? ;)