PDA

View Full Version : Great News for Babylon 5 Fans

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Gkarlives
May 31st, 2007, 03:40 PM
I was searching Amazon the other day and found out that there is a new Babylon 5 movie coming to direct video in July. It will be named "Babylon 5: Lost Tales". I am looking forward to this one a lot. How about you?

Wulfa_Jones
May 31st, 2007, 05:59 PM
While I loved the series itself, pretty much everything set in the B5 universe has been really quite poor in my opinion.

The ranger film was so bad I couldn't watch it all and the spin-off series Crusade was also shockingly bad.

So I'm not really looking forward to this, it might prove to be fantastic so we'll have to see!

Gkarlives
August 30th, 2007, 09:56 PM
I finally got the DVD myself and I am both pleased and disappointed. Pleased because there are finally more stories in the B5 Universe (one of the best Sci-Fi universes out there) and disappointed because I wanted so much more. I can only hope that as with the originally series each installment will expand on the beginning as they get a better feel for the medium.

The hardest part for me was thre slight feeling of clautraphobia from the limited cast and enviroment. I still have high hopes because the series began that way and then took wing. As for disliking crusade, I can't disagree more. One of these days I hope to get the full collection to round out my B5 collection and see episodes I missed. I thought that Crusade was just beginning to hit its stride when the plug was pulled. I also liked Rangers except for a few things. The ship designs were awful and did not fit the Mimbari look that stood out so well in the series. The other problem was the addition of another overpowering race to replace the Shadows and the Vorlons. That reminded me too much of the Star Trek and Star Wars Universes. Trying too hard to keep the universe the hit of the month they tend to throw away the history the created or just contradict it because they need to fit in a new big bang. Don't get me wrong, I love the Star Trek and Star Wars Universes, but they have become too cluttered with contradictions from lack of strong over sight and different styles.

I liked JMS's answer as to why he directed this video. He wanted to lay down the tenor for future videos. Basicly set up the toys and paints in the playroom before letting the kids in. I also liked the memorials for Adreas Katsula (probably messed the spelling) and Richard Biggs. They were sorely missed by me. One thing I thought particularly poignant to me was how comfortable Adreas was with the mask of G'Kar. I think it allowed him to escape his distinctive face and character actor past (usually bad) and reach into the true person he was. I might be wrong just from my way of thinking, but because of his looks, I bet he did not get the kind of rolls he craved. G'Kar let him find that role.