PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants To Be a Superhero Coming Back

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

mrwizard
June 20th, 2007, 07:00 PM
I just saw thar Who Wants to Be a Superhero is coming back for a second season at the end of July (on the 26th, I think.) I loved what I saw of the first season - I thought the contestans were hilarious (Cell Phone girl? Really?) and I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with for this season, it's pretty fun, i thought.

Was anyone else a fan?

Power to the J
June 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM
Wow. I've never heard of that. What channel is it on?

Wulfa_Jones
June 25th, 2007, 02:33 PM
The show is on the Sci-Fi channel in both the US and the UK.

Only caught a few episodes of Sci-Fi UK stuck it on quite a late time (normally after Heroes).

It was a bit silly from what I saw, I liked the idea but the people on it where a little odd!

mrwizard
June 25th, 2007, 05:36 PM
It was hilarious - it was a reality show where the contestants made up and took on the persona of what superhero they would be, if they were a superhero, and had a costume and a gimmick/power and seriously some of the people were so funny last season. The challenges were awesome.

If your superhero character is chosen - and you have to do all these crazy superhero type challenges and impress Stan Lee you got to advance and the winner gets their own comic book developed with Stan Lee (how cool is that, he's so amazing). This season the winner gets their own comic book *and* action figure done for their superhero.

The official site is here (http://www.scifi.com/superhero/index.php), and it's got some stuff about last season up if you wanna check it out, and there's some clips of new auditioners for this season, and the guy that won last year interviewing some of them. Hilarity!