PDA

View Full Version : Cant For The Life Of Me Remember ......

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

e=mc2
June 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Im really clutching at straws here and struggling for facts, however ........

Can you remember a UK based TV series aired late 8o's, early 90's about a shop containing various artifacts & everyday items that possess unusual powers.

Episodes include a compact mirror, a scarecrow . . . . . . .
& other bits, bobs & stuff which I cant remember !

Basically I sold a certain item to the shop and really need to get it back, I cant travel back in time without it !

Its KILLING me being stuck in your futuristic world, please help

Unhappy

hawkwind
June 22nd, 2007, 09:54 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is the Friday the 13th tv show. It is about an antique shop that has items with various powers. But I believe it is an American show.

e=mc2
June 22nd, 2007, 04:25 PM
Think you have hit the nail right on the head !!!

Many Congrats you have won bullies special prize :L

Cheers kind Sir !!

Wulfa_Jones
June 25th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I'm guessing this wasn't based on the Friday 13th films then?

Just googled it, sounds like quite a good show.

hawkwind
June 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
No it wasn't based on the films. It is more like a Twilight Zone type of show.

Bond
June 28th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Yes it was a good show, considering it was a pretty low budget American-Canadian production that used generally unknown actors. Each episode usually revolved around a particular cursed object that was sold off by the previous proprietor of the antique/curiousities shop that is at the center of the series. The inheritors are now trying to reclaim these dangerous magical artifacts. It follows some classic tropes like cursed dancing shoes, an evil ventriloquist dummy, and even a homage to The Story of Bernadette. Spooky suspense fantasy/horror without much gore.