PDA

View Full Version : Tim Burton "Alice in Wonderland"

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FutureTimBurton
June 26th, 2007, 02:05 PM
OMG YAY!!!! I've heard the rummer.. and was just wondering if anyone else knew anything about it. TIM BURTON MUST DO ALICE IN WONDERLAND!! also, some people are saying they hope its another stop animation film, but i think it can be very well done in live action. anyone else have any other thoughts?

fondly;
:D

makoa
June 26th, 2007, 04:33 PM
If someone like Burton works on it then i'm sure it will probably keep the surreal qualities that make alice in wonderland strange.

Else1163
July 24th, 2007, 06:11 PM
It is not currently in production, and it is not listed to be in pre production either. Sorry

FutureTimBurton
July 25th, 2007, 01:41 AM
well, yeah. we're not dumb. we're simply saying that the rumer and idea has been floating around his productions for some time, and we're just wondering if anyone else has heard anything about it. we know its not in production. if it were we would be like this: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SheepSalesman
August 6th, 2007, 03:13 PM
I'm just pumped for "Sweeney Todd"

Musical about a homicidal barber+Time Burton=genius!

iamliz
February 27th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I HATE Alice in Wonderland, i've seen some of the goriest movies ever that don't scare me half as much as that movie did.Yeah it's kind of pathetic that i'm scared of a disney movie but if you think about it and but yourself in Alice's shoes while all that wierd stuff was happening you'd be scared too.

-Asher-
February 27th, 2008, 08:55 PM
According to IMDB in pre-production for 2010 release.

I thought I had read that he was doing a version of the video game American Mcgee's Alice, but the site says Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.

I'd rather see the video game version! :)

Link:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1142966/

Evil Agent
February 28th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Wow, this is the first time I've heard of this (even though this thread has been around for a while).

I think it's a wonderful idea, particularly if it's done in live action. I think it will be something like Burton's "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", but maybe even better! It's definitely the type of movie that Burton should tackle.

trentdick2882
February 29th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I don't think Alice in Wonderland has really been done justice in film yet, so it would be great to give Burton a try. I think Burton's take on it would be somewhat similar to American McGee's, even if it wasn't directly related. McGee seems like the video game version of Tim Burton after Alice and his upcoming Grimm.