PDA

View Full Version : Two titles

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

doug1937
June 29th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I believe it was a short story, again from the 70s, but all I can remember is one scene: a team of time travelers travels back in time to when one of the travelers was a child. They sneak up on the child Traveler and his family, peering at them from concealment. The adult Traveler makes the mistake of looking as well, and when he sees himself as a child, he, the adult disappears, as if he had never been there, though the child is not affected. As if the time paradox wouldn't allow him to see himself.

I know it's a longshot, but can anyone place this story?

Also, this story (70s again, I know, broken record) is about a future Earth society set in the USA; the government has gotten so extremely liberal that humanity is locked inside buildings because going outside harms other living creatures. Thus, the living things outside have become extremely hostile to humanity; even the plants are quite a threat. The final straw is that the government announces that scientists have discovered that millions of microsopic life forms die everytime a person draws a breath; to prevent this everyone must take a suicide pill.

Can you name this? TIA!