PDA

View Full Version : New Time Tunnel?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

boyo
July 7th, 2007, 07:04 AM
I've read in several places that the Sci-Fi Channel has had a new version of Irwin Allen's "The Time Tunnel" in development since late 2005/early 2006. This is a completely different take from 2002's aborted Fox pilot, but I've only found a few mentions about it.

Has anybody heard anything more?

Perhaps it has landed in development Hell, like "Caprica".

Wulfa_Jones
July 11th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Not heard anything about it, however a quick check on Wikipedia gives this:

The SciFi Channel (US cable network) announced on April 13, 2005 that it was going to create a new pilot for its 2006/07 season. Two of the producers of the FOX project, Kevin Burns and Jon Jashni, along with Allen's wife, Sheila, are producing SciFi's pilot. John Turman (Hulk) is writing the script.

However, if it was due to appear this year then I think we'd have already seen or heard something about. The Flash Gordon series, which starts later this year is already being promoted to some extent.

Maybe the pilot has been made and they've decided not to run with it... I don't think Scifi have got the budget to make a decent looking time travel show.

Also, the aborted Fox pilot can be found as an extra on one of the original show DVD releases.