PDA

View Full Version : Heroes: the Deaths (or Not?) [Spoilers]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

nick1689
July 9th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Season 1 of Heroes has just finished in Australia, so im guessing that means its safe to talk about the series, since it was behind other countries. So what did everyone think of the first season? Me? I thought it was great, best show on TV.

Now we come down to the cliffhangers, the what ifs. First off ill start with the obvious, Peter and Nathan Petrelli. I think both of them are still alive. Peter could have just healed, and we know from the episode that portrayed the future that he could actually survive the nuclear blast (hopefully he'll come back with the scar). And Nathan, he could have easliy flew away before the explosion. Anyway, hes my favourite character, he has to live!

Parkman: He took four bullets to the chest and stopped moving completely, I reckon he wont be comin back. Unless they find some other hero to heal him (like Linderman), he's gone.

Now the big one: Sylar. The series definately left it that he did survive, but I dont know how thats gona work out. Is he mortaly wounded? Will he be able to fight? Who knows. I do like Sylar, but hes the bad guy, so thats gona put him in the bad light. With the actual death of Sylar, is it just me or did Peter not really play a big role in his supposive death? It was Nikki who saved Peter and Hiro who actually stabbed him, Peter just threw a couple of punches. But then again the series is about all the heroes, not just Peter..

Just one final thing, not about the actual deaths, but who or what do you reckon this person is who Molly cant find? The one who stares at her when she tries to find him. I think itll just turn into a device that will provide a new plot to extend the series, but thats a good tihng!

Comments? Additions? Thoughts? Discuss.

kater
July 9th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I think the problem with the Peter theory is that he can only use one power at a time and if he's blowing up, well, it's debatable whether the healing power will be able to put all the pieces back together once they land :D If Nathan had any sense he took Peter very high then let him go and got the hell out of dodge. However it's contrived I'm sure both of them will be back.

I think Sylar will take a backseat in the next series, probably focusing on some kind of vendetta against Hiro. The main bad guy I'm hoping will be the man who can see Molly when she tries to locate him. It struck me as very LOTR, the eye of Mordor type power.

From the rumours I've heard there will be 4-6 new 'Heroes' in the next series. Better still they'll all be introduced in a separate mini-series as a build-up to Season 2, not sure if it will pan out but sounds exciting.

U-Borat
July 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I heard that they were going to have a mini-heroes series before season 2, and people would vote for their favourite heroes, and they would make it to seaso n2.

btw, the ending is one of the lamest endings i've ever seen, honestly.

Wulfa_Jones
July 11th, 2007, 08:11 AM
From the rumours I've heard there will be 4-6 new 'Heroes' in the next series. Better still they'll all be introduced in a separate mini-series as a build-up to Season 2, not sure if it will pan out but sounds exciting

The creator, Tim Kring, has said that he really enjoyed telling the heroes 'origin' story and had intended for each season to pretty much have a new set of heroes with the other characters appearing every-so-often. However, due to the success of Heroes and the characters he had opted to keep the majority of them. The Heroes: Origins show was going to appear mid-season - to plug gap caused by the shows hiatus, however it now seems that the mini-series will appear after the full 30 episode season of Hereos. Each of the Heroes: Origins episode will focus on one character and viewers will be able to vote online for which of the characters becomes a regular on the main shows 3rd season.

The Petrelli's are clearly going to survive until the next season, Peter and Nathan characters have been developed to much for them to have been written out. I don't think that Parkman will be dead when the next season starts - however he might not be around for long.

Sylar... he will be back! (on a side note - doesn't anyone else think he looks like Eli Roth?) However, I don't think he'll be the big bad for this season. I think the big bad will be someone from the Linderman's generation of mutants. It's likely this will also be the character Molly is unable to track.

I've heard the Hiro is stuck in feudal Japan for some of the next season as well.

btw, the ending is one of the lamest endings i've ever seen, honestly.

What disappointed you about it? It was pretty much what I expected to happen in regards to the Petrelli's. The ending as a pretty lacklustre - with everyone going their separate ways and the future being uncertain - but that's just to get you to tune into the next season. I'm glad it didn't end on a massive cliffhanger like most shows do.

SheepSalesman
August 4th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I don't know if they'll start out this season or push it till later, but I have a good feeling that Sylar will eventually be developed into an anti-hero. Tim Kring said he loves the character and it's going to be hard keeping an enemy around without it being cheesy that he keeps getting away.

Mechaniik
December 12th, 2007, 05:34 AM
What disappointed you about it? It was pretty much what I expected to happen in regards to the Petrelli's. The ending as a pretty lacklustre - with everyone going their separate ways and the future being uncertain - but that's just to get you to tune into the next season. I'm glad it didn't end on a massive cliffhanger like most shows do.

No, the most disappointing was the cliched escape of sylar, which was so stupid - I mean you think someone would check on the uber-vast-super-hero villain who is dying in the middle of the square! In the end it just seemed lie an annoyingly obvious plot device.

B5B7
December 17th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Logically, Hiro should have decapitated Sylar - that would have ensured he was actually dead, and it's very bushido thing to do. So, in a sense Heroes did a small jump the shark there because it guaranteed Sylar would return.
It would have been better if he didn't finish him off because something intervened in the situation, not because of this mistake.

Incidentally, in Australia we have seen all of the second season except for last two episodes - when the TV station - channel 7 showed the 3rd last episode it said it was the final episode. Typical TV station idiocy.