PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Narnia movie regarding the Stone Table scene.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
July 19th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I've always wondered in the recent movie adaptation of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, what are the names and classifications of all the different monsters and demons that gather at the Stone Table to celebrate the death of Aslan. The only ones I know of for sure are the Minotaurs, the wolves, and the dwarves, and that's about it. From what I saw there was this bat-like thing that waddles up to Aslan to inspect him, and then gets freaked out and flies off to a higher perch. Is this supposed to be a vampire? Because his face looks a helluva lot like a Nosferatu. Then there are these giant-like creatures that look kind of like ogres, these rather short, orc-like creatures, these pig-like monsters, these warthog-like monsters, these vulture-like things that kind of resemble the Skeksis from The Dark Crystal that wear white robes and carry staves, and these really wierd, rather goofy-looking, yet disquetingly creepy monsters that have white fur all over, and to me, the best way I can describe them is as anthropomorphic voles. I don't know why, but those nasty little bastards really freak me out! :eek: I'm sure there's a few more particular nasties in that ceremony I forgot to mention. So could anyone classify and give me the names of these various monsters/demons in this scene? I would dearly appreciate it.
Also, I was wondering, why do dwarves get such a bad rap in the world of Narnia? Did Lewis just think it would be cool to make them all evil, like Tolkien did with dragons in the LOTR Saga?

CiciTj
July 22nd, 2007, 10:00 AM
Not all the dwarves are evil...Trumpkin is a main charector and good....also Cornelious in Prince Caspian...I think in Narnia dwarves can be good or bad just like humans can be good or bad.