PDA

View Full Version : 1-18-08, Code Name: Cloverfield

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

theDood
August 8th, 2007, 12:23 AM
If you haven't already, I highly recommend taking a look at this preview trailer of a currently untitled J. J. Abrams project. At the moment it's "codenamed" Cloverfield (www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/).

A great amount of hype is going on around the net about this movie, mostly because of the fact that nobody knows what its about except that its some sort of monster film. I've been cracking down, putting on my Sherlocke Holmes hat and started investigating.

It seems the movie is filming at the moment (a lot of spy videos out there leaking footage) and it will not be a Godzilla remake, it is not a film version of Voltron, and the monster is a purely original creation.

Whatever its about, this damn viral marketing is sure the hell working for me. I'm getting superhyped. What do you guys have to say about it?

I myself was hoping for a COMING OF CTHULHU type of shtick but its a purely original creation.

Shehzad
August 8th, 2007, 05:31 AM
I saw the trailer for this movie when I think it was first unveiled, just before the Transformers movie. A very well done, striking trailer, it had the cinema abuzz, and subsequently the net too. I don't know if I'll be watching the movie itself, but the campaign is very well done.

Wulfa_Jones
August 8th, 2007, 06:03 AM
A very clever marketing scheme indeed. I've heard some crazy ideas - from the film being "Rampage" (the computer game) to being a zombie movie?!

The various viral marketing sites have been quite cool, but not given much away.

The film does indeed seem to be a monster movie and I'm quite looking forward to seeing the movie. I love a good monster movie.

Banger
August 8th, 2007, 06:24 AM
According to Slash Film (http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/07/31/could-cloverfield1-18-08-be-titled-overnight/), the film's title appears to be Overnight.

... or is that just what Abrams wants us to believe??? :eek: