PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Green Mile.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
August 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I'm currently watching the Green Mile movie for the second time on FX. I haven't read the book because drama-oriented novels really aren't my bag. But I had a couple of questions about it. Since several of Stephen King's novels and tales are somehow interconnected I was wondering about a couple of the characters. First of all, I was wondering if the big black dude, John Coffee, is from the Dark Tower universe. Why I suspect this is because at one point in the movie, he looks up at the stars in the sky when he's let out of prison, points to a constellation, and says something like, "Look, there's ol' Grandma in her rocking chair." Now if I remember right, the ol' woman in the rocking chair is one of the many deities in the Dark Tower universe. The other thing I was wondering about, and this may seem kind of goofy to you, was if that sadistic guard was either an aspect or a servant of Randall Flagg. Does anyone here have any answers?

Phellim
August 16th, 2007, 11:01 AM
I've only seen the film too, and I think that maybe it is from the Dark Tower universe. King drops hints like those mentioned in quite a few of his books, and makes completely unrelated worlds, then gives them a link or connection. It's one of the only ways to explain John Coffey's (I think thats the correct spelling :D) powers too.

You'd probably get more responses in the Fantasy forum, and it does technically fit in that genre, maybe ask a mod to move it?