View Full Version : Superbad

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

theDood
August 20th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Watched it over the weekend, and wow. Its like the story of my life, and its absolutely HILARIOUS. This, and other comedies like it recently (e.g. Knocked Up, The 40 Year Old Virigin) have been knocking me sensless with laughter. What did you guys (and gals too) think?

Phellim
August 22nd, 2007, 05:03 PM
I've only seen the trailers, I dont know if its out here yet (yeah, says September 14th, damn).

It looks really funny though, I'll have to go see it. The Cops look great, they're so stupid.

*Cop looks at fake ID* "McLovin? Thats a cool name."

Or when the two cops are shooting road signs: "****! The cops! Lets bail! Bail, bail!"

theDood
August 22nd, 2007, 07:29 PM
Trust me, its probably one of the best comedies of the year so far. Michael Cera and Jonah Hill are absolutely great together, especially Cera's character. I found him to be hilarious because of how nervous he always is around everyone, mostly the ladies though.

Phellim
August 22nd, 2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, he's good in Arrested Developement too.

theDood
August 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM
Loved Arrested Development. He almost plays the very same character, except the one he plays in Superbad is much more desensitized and not as innocent. Of course, in Superbad he doesn't have feelings for his cousin, I'm not sure if thats innocent.

hoverX
October 10th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I agree Michael Cera is amazing. Him and his friend are doing a web based show which can be found at http://www.clarkandmichael.com/

U-Borat
October 14th, 2007, 03:13 AM
This movie kinda sucked.
Tried too hard to be funny.
And failed.

kalitara
October 15th, 2007, 06:38 PM
We just saw it a few days ago, and I thought I had made a big mistake after the first 15 minutes. It was a little too vulgar for me. I guess we all have a line... and this certainly crossed it in the beginning, but after a few more minutes it got much better. So about 20-25 min in and on it was fricken hilarious!!

:)

Vinnie T
October 21st, 2007, 07:46 PM
Hey, you can't go wrong with a name like McLovin', can ya? I thought it was pretty good.

SJhanaye
August 22nd, 2008, 01:09 AM
The release date was August 17, 2008. I saw Superbad, at its premiere in Santa Barbara, CA. It was a really fun and exciting environment, free tee shirts, CDs and stickers were being given out and there were people everywhere. The movie was directed by Greg Mottola, produced by Judd Apatow and was written by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg who also wrote 40 year-old virgin and Knocked up. The filmís budget was twenty million dollars and the gross revenue was close to one hundred and sixty-nine million dollars. The film is the highest domestic grossing high school comedy of all time. The movie is a comedy and romance, it was nominated for fourteen awards and Michael Cera won one for best promising actor from the CFCA.
The films about two high school guys Seth played by
Jonah Hill, who is really hilarious in the film and Evan who is played by Michael Cera, which gave a really good performance. The two senior boys are forced to deal with separation anxiety after their plan to get alcohol for a party gets complicated. The film is extremely funny, even after watching it numerous times it still makes me laugh. It has some pretty shocking graphic lines through out the film but it definitely keeps the movie interesting. Itís one of 2007s better movies because itís a realistic high school film, instead of most of the films that try to portray modern day teenage life, it actually captures the awkwardness and some of the normalcy in todayís high school. Superbad is definitely one of the funniest and better movies of 2007. If your looking to have some laughs and watch something a little immature, give this film a go.