PDA

View Full Version : Raimi: I am NOT involved with The Hobbit

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

jimdorey
September 7th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Sam Raimi has recently said that he is NOT involved with The Hobbit. That mixed with New Line stating that Peter Jackson is attached makes for a heckuva day! Dropping Raimi like a bad hobbit is the right choice. Imagine Peter Jackson being able to focus on just one movie about the world he knows best! Recent Weta Digital improvements is liable to really kick this movie into orbit and who knows, Jackson is working with James Cameron on Avatar which is entirely in 3D - perhaps it is wishful thinking to imagine The Hobbit in 3D? Whoa. Read more on my blog - the link is to the left in my profile.

Evil Agent
September 7th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Awesome! I will now check out TheOneRing.net for more information.

UPDATE:
Hmm...This is the update I found on TheOneRing.net:

UPDATE After checking around a bit with some sources, it seems Raimi is still potentially available to direct 'The Hobbit.' His answer to the question during the Comic-Con panel was intended to diffuse more 'Hobbit' questions and concentrate on the '30 Days of Night' questioning. One source tells us that he was in fact not involved with The Hobbit at that point, as there are ongoing talks about making the Hobbit happen. So his answer of 'No' is accurate.