PDA

View Full Version : Film based on Robotech

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Luke_B
September 7th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Looks like giant robots are Hollywood's next thing. Tobey Maguire is planningto produce a film based on the Robotech anime. Link (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i1f2de64a1d24bd5585bf89b0691d2011).

Zsinj
September 7th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I loved watching the cartoon series when it was on Toonami, so naturally, I fear for the movie. It's probably going to be one of those movies that's either going to be totally awesome or total crap. I wonder if Tobey Maguire is supposed to be playing Rick Hunter.

saintjon
September 7th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I'm going to have to throw my hat in to play a Zentraedi, I always wondered what my voice would sound like with all that effect on it ;)

Robotech is very near and dear to my heart. They could absolutely crank out the best movie of the year but it depends how they go about it. They might almost be better off doing like Macross Plus rather than try to re-capture the original 1st series macross story deal, I mean that was such a massive epic I don't see how you could distill it into even several movies. Taking out the individual close-ups of everyone gasping in surprise would be a good start though lol.

Davis Ashura
September 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM
I get first dibs on being one of the Robotech Masters.

saintjon
September 8th, 2007, 09:27 AM
In that case...

DIE TYRANNIC OVERLORD!!! (now just imagine that all reverbed and bass boosted and stuff, I'd be a kickass zentraedi)

Davis Ashura
September 8th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Where oh where did I leave that Zor Prime clone anyway?