View Full Version : Magic the Gathering

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

gollumbells
September 11th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Does anybody play this awesome card game? Ive just got back into it and am creating an almighty black deck with 4 reiver deamons and 4 visara the dreadfulls.

What kind of decks do you have and tactics you use

Bent Arrowni
September 12th, 2007, 07:07 AM
I'm a legacy player so I play a bunch of broken cards that are only mean to destroy the hopes of those who are nice and want to play fair. On top of that I like combo the most so I stomp people without letting them play because I want to.

Magic is a beautiful game =)

Yobmod
September 12th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I play online occasionally - much cheaper that way!

But only with singleton decks - playing against those with decks made up of 4 copies each of 10 ridiculously over-powered and over-priced cards is SO boring.

gollumbells
September 12th, 2007, 05:49 PM
I get your point about using overpowerd cards, but you really get to piss people off.

I am going to create a sliver deck soon. very versatile and they power each other up so they become even more beefey. hopefully i can get a few of these

http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=136146

oh yes

fluffy bunny
September 28th, 2007, 09:02 PM
I've not really played since '96 /'97 to be honest. Problem I found with the game is that at the non-tournie levels, it becomes whoever spends the most money on cards seems to win. Found that spending the money on a few well balanced board games was not only easier on the wallet but you could involve anyone including those who didn't have decks.

I am going to create a sliver deck soon. very versatile and they power each other up so they become even more beefey.
Slivers are back? I know they've been around since tempest but not heard much about them since. Problem I had with sliver decks was that it took time to get them out onto the table so they could combo up. The crystalline sliver's the one you need not that Sliver Legion. And beware the Extinction card.

Faerial
October 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I still play this game with a few friends, but we play the decks we created about 8 years ago or so and have only added a few new cards here and there. We went nuts and got some of the funny ones, from the Unhinged set.

The game is so good but the investment to update would be insane.

We even have the old computer game which we play now and again. I did look into the online version but didn't like the idea of paying for "virtual cards".

gollumbells
October 25th, 2007, 05:04 PM
if i had the crystalline slivers wouldnt that also destroy the effects of my oter slivers because they are abilities right???

please correct me if im wrong

fluffy bunny
December 10th, 2007, 09:38 PM
if i had the crystalline slivers wouldnt that also destroy the effects of my oter slivers because they are abilities right???

please correct me if im wrong

The ruling:
Wouldn't negate them - slivers en masse were subject to the ability. It says ALL slivers. Individual slivers aren't targetted. There are cards out there which are immune to targetting (eg Jorels centaur from visions or Pincer Beatles from tempest). Cards such as earthquake (and hurricane if you get a winged sliver out) would still affect them as these are non-specific targetting as well. And counterspells still work as the card hasn't hit the table yet.

Reading_fanatic
December 10th, 2007, 11:04 PM
I play a blue/white merfolk deck that has a main focus of mill (with a few random cards thrown in for fun) and a Samurai themed kamigara deck themed around bushido and protection.:D

gollumbells
December 12th, 2007, 10:09 AM
well crystalline slivers are a must have then.

Only problem is that it is going to be big. around 100 to 150 card deck.

i was discussing MTG withe a friend from school and were making up cards. here are the tennis ones.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t27/gollumbells/TimHenman.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t27/gollumbells/suebarker.jpg
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t27/gollumbells/RogerFederer.jpg