PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars-related question

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
September 12th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I don't know if I've asked this question here before. If I have, I apologize, but I was wondering, since the Ewok movies were made and set in the Star Wars Universe, why haven't any movies been made based on the Jedi Knights series or the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron series? I'd certainly think they'd be better than either of the Ewok movies by far.

Evil Agent
September 12th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Have you heard about the TV show? It's in the works right now, originally intended to be 100 episodes, now they're thinking it may even go longer. It is going to take place in between the two trilogies, and focus on the rise of the rebel alliance, probably on some surviving jedi knights, and with occasional cameos by some of the main characters (e.g. Darth Vader). They have said that they may bring in characters who are big in the books and the comics.

Miriamele
September 13th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Is this an animated show like the clone wars one?

Wulfa_Jones
September 13th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I don't know if I've asked this question here before. If I have, I apologize, but I was wondering, since the Ewok movies were made and set in the Star Wars Universe, why haven't any movies been made based on the Jedi Knights series or the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron series? I'd certainly think they'd be better than either of the Ewok movies by far.

Sadly not... Mr Lucas decided that cute and cuddly worked better than lightsabers and x-wing fighters.

There are a lot of quite well made fan films out there, http://theforce.net/ has most of them listed with links.

Of course there is the clone wars cartoon, which is set between Episodes 2 and 3. There is at least one other cartoon series coming out which is a CGI 3D animated and set during the Clone Wars as well. There is also rumors of an animated series set around the period of the original films being produced but this seems to have vanished.

Then as Evil Agent mentioned there is a live action TV series which is due to be set between Episodes III and IV - the rise of the Empire. Lucas has said it won't focus on any of the major characters, but some are likely to pop up in cameos. One possible story is going to be the Jedi that escaped Order 66 as they are hunted down by Vader. It has been strongly hinted that the young Boba Fett will be a regular supporting character, which could back up the hunting of the jedi plot point.

There is another rumor that the last episode will feature the spy who transmits the Death Star data to the Rebels and so leading right into episode IV.

Lucas and the films producer Rick McCallum has stated that the show will be action based and aimed at an older audience.

saintjon
September 13th, 2007, 06:07 PM
That actually sounds pretty cool. There's a lot of good potential there.

Also, when they describe that additional animated series, could they possible mean like partial 3d animation like Clone Wars or is it definitely totally 3d? Either way is cool I'm just curious.

Wulfa_Jones
September 14th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Based on the few images that have been released it looks to be full 3D.

There was a brief trailer for a 3D animated series based on the original series but it turned out to be a well very made fan project.