PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Wars... nuff said

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SheepSalesman
September 14th, 2007, 02:12 AM
So I just got back from seeing a midnight showing of Dragon Wars (don't worry, I work at the theater so it's free). And all I have to say is wow. I don't know if it's the lack of a single decent line of dialog, or the contrived back story, but I loved this movie. You may want to wait till it's on video, because you'll want to make sure that you can freely yell at the screen whenever you feel the need (which will be often). This is a movie that everyone should see for a good laugh, although I wouldn't recommend paying for it. I'm sure it's torrent available by now. But watch in whatever way you can, enjoy, and know that this has "Mystery Science Theater" written all over it.

-SS

Wulfa_Jones
September 14th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Well the director has been called the Uwe Boll of Korean cinema so...

I remember seeing some stills from it last year and it looked quite good, but since seeing the trailer and hearing reviews like this one it isn't going to be the film I hoped!

However, hopefully the director can do something Boll can't do, which is make fun, bad films and not just pure bad films!

Phellim
September 14th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I've never heard of it, and it doesn't sound very good.

But Dragons + War = good, right?

saintjon
September 14th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I dunno about that it looked pretty mediocre to me.

Shehzad
September 15th, 2007, 04:45 AM
So it transcends "so bad it's good," whizzes past "so bad it's REALLY bad" straight into "you HAVE to watch this, it's so freakin' bad!"...?

Priestvyrce
September 15th, 2007, 06:02 AM
After seing the trailer for this movie and getting a brief description of it. I thought,"Reptilian Transformers". I'll see it,but only when it comes to cable.