PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gotten to see the Pilot for The Bionic Woman?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Priestvyrce
September 15th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Time Warner Cable has an On Demand Entertainment channel,which is usually previews/snaek peeks of shows,but this week is showing Pilots for new shows for NBC.

I saw the pilot for The Bionic Woman. I won't give anything away,but the show has potential,if a bit cliched. I see this show as either being cool and even a cult hit or being hard to stomch and still maybe being a cult hit.

Wulfa_Jones
September 17th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I understand that you can get a few of the pilots for the fall season from Amazon's new TV demand service - for free. However, you need to be coming from a US IP address, which I'm not!

Shehzad
September 17th, 2007, 06:20 PM
I'm there.... Will let you know soon.

Shehzad
September 18th, 2007, 10:24 PM
I liked the pilot. It was well done, but felt a little rushed. It would've been nice to have a 2-hour pilot to establish the characters and their relationships. Hopefully those will be explored and set up better over the season.

kalitara
September 22nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
I watched the original series... that dates me!

-Asher-
September 23rd, 2007, 07:38 PM
I haven't seen it, I've seen the NBC promo show and read a couple of reviews.

From the promo, the special effects didn't look so special.

Every review said the same thing - The best part of the show is Katie Sackoff as the evil first Bionic woman, and even she isn't that good. Also mentioned is a their tee shirt wearing, in the rain, fight on the roof which makes little or no sense and the girls don't know why they are fighting. :rolleyes:

Luke_B
September 23rd, 2007, 10:58 PM
I agree with Shehz. It felt rushed. Not enough time was spent on establishing character. Stylistically it was quite impressive. It's got potential but the pilot was definitely a little disappointing. Along way from the quality of Heroes or Lost.

GateByte
September 26th, 2007, 10:29 AM
I watched it. I liked it. But I'm going to re-watch it when it airs tonight because apparently they've changed the actress that plays the new Bionic Woman's sister. I'm interested to see how the two compare, and I think it'll be good to get used to someone else playing that character for watching the rest of the series.

Priestvyrce
September 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Re-watched the show and have a few questions about it. Like, her finding out that her "boyfriend" made her a weapon without her permission and then after monets of anger; going to bed with him. A bit strange. Her ability of beating a more experienced cyborg. Yes, I know she's got those nano-whatevers programming her brain and all, but I'd think that it would take some time getting used to them and some training to understand the programming.

The show(after the second veiwing) came off as some type cliff notes of a story. Hitting the highlights without alot of background or substance. I think that the show should have given us more about Jamie,her sister and these gov guys. Bringing out the villain so quickly kind of kills the suspense.

Anyway will still watch to see if they give us characters to really care about or if they just turn everything into good guy vs. bad guy.

kalitara
September 30th, 2007, 12:38 PM
I really liked it! Although I agree with Priestvyrce above about the boyfriend and needing time to get used to it... but I liked the special effects. It was definitely better than the MOONLIGHT premiere.

The good vs. bad Bionic Woman is a twist.

So... is the amazingly intrusive & presumptive boyfriend dead?