PDA

View Full Version : Southland Tales

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wulfa_Jones
September 21st, 2007, 08:47 AM
After a fair few years, Donnie Darko's writer/director Richard Kelly finally has his new film, Southland Tales, coming out. The film has been stuck in limbo since it got panned by critics at Cannes last year.

The trailer has just been put out on the internet and looks pretty darn strange! The film looks like some kinda cross between Terry Gilliam, David Lynch and Michael Bay. It also has the strangest cast... Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson seems to be the leading character, with Sean William Scott, Sarah Michelle Geller, Mandy Moore, Kevin Smith and everyones favourite French/Scots-man, Chris Lambert.

Not too sure what the plot is other than it's set in a World War 3 environment and deals with the how the media treats war in the modern age and stuff like the Patriot Act. As I said, based on the trailer it has Lynch style randomness and a hint of Gilliam's Brazil in certain scenes. It also looks to have a fair bit of action.

As with Donnie Darko, the film will only be part of a wider expereince including prequel graphic novels and a series of websites.

Go see the trailer at:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809233751/video/4164037/

kalitara
October 27th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I saw it at Cannes last year, and I really liked it! I could tell that my opinion wasn't shared by most of those in the Lumiere ... as they walked out. I swear the theatre was only 1/4 full by the end.

I thought it was hilarious, and I would go see it again.