Pages : [1] 2

Luke_B
September 22nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/beowulf/

Should be good.

kalitara
October 27th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Why did they make it look like a video game? With that cast, it could've been a brilliant epic film!!

Power to the J
October 27th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Why did they make it look like a video game? With that cast, it could've been a brilliant epic film!!

Second that.

Bree
November 4th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Hmm.
I think this looks good. I might go see it. Although who I'll go with is a different matter. :confused:

Mab
November 4th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Just saw the trailer for this on Channel 4 in the UK - it looks good but i'll probably wait until it comes out on dvd :)

Luke_B
November 5th, 2007, 02:51 AM

Seriously? Ray Winstone is a brilliant actor and as a voice actor he will bring pathos to the role of Beowulf. But I can't imagine Gal Dove from Sexy Beast wielding a sword and slaying dragons.

I think the digitally enhanced live action looks amazing, much better than the gratuitous greenscreen we see these days. I'm not a fan of Zemeckis but the Neil Gaiman's involvement fills me confidence.

Abby
November 21st, 2007, 01:41 PM
If you haven't seen it in 3D, you're missing out. The film was made for 3D. It was a whole new movie experience ... plot and acting were the usual, but the visuals were crazy!!!!! It was like seeing a dream made real.

Raule
November 21st, 2007, 06:15 PM
Oh, thanks for that Abby! I've been debating which version to see - that is, if I can ditch the hubby and the kids and actually get out of the house to do anything by myself this weekend!

Oh, my... Hal Duncan has his comments (http://notesfromthegeekshow.blogspot.com/2007/11/i-am-beowulf-youre-going-daaaaahn.html)...

Luke_B
December 4th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Visually, it was fantastic. But why'd they make it so damn campy? At one point I was expecting Beowulf to exclaim "I am Beowulf! Bow down and worship my loins!"

Nightblade
December 7th, 2007, 06:05 AM
I tried to enjoy it but the animation really put me off. Particularly the way the horses were done. Like something out of Shrek.

The dragon scene however was nicely done.