View Full Version : Moonlight - New Series

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

kalitara
September 24th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Does anyone else see the similarities between the new series Moonlight on CBS and Whedon's Angel?

A private investigator "good-guy" vampire who lives in LA?

Of course, I'll still watch it... really -- ANYTHING with vampires I'll at least give it a try!

Has anyone seen the pilot?

kater
September 24th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Haven't seen the pilot but have noted it down to see if the first few episodes are any good. There seems to be a slight vampire resurgence lately with 30 Days of Night being filmed as well as this, it's obviously those dark-early nights :)

kalitara
September 24th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Cool! I'm not familiar with that Graphic Novel, but I'll have to look it up -- and it's already out this October! Thanks!

Wulfa_Jones
September 26th, 2007, 03:19 PM
It does indeed sound like Angel. There is another show much like it called Blood Ties which is about a police officer that has to team up with a vampire.

One of the Angel co-creators was the original show-runner for Moonlight, but left.

kalitara
September 26th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Really?

When is Blood Ties on?

Zsinj
September 26th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Really?

When is Blood Ties on?

I don't know when it's on, but I know it comes on the Lifetime channel (I know, odd channel for a series like that) and it is based on Tanya Huff's Blood Books.

Wulfa_Jones
September 27th, 2007, 11:42 AM
In the US it is on a channel called Lifetime at 11pm. I think the show is Canadian produced and as Zsinj pointed out it is indeed based on a series if books.

The show is about to start its second season, but I didn't think much of it when I watched it. It is shown in the UK on LivingTV.

The Dresden Files, IMO, was much better but still got cancelled...

kalitara
September 29th, 2007, 09:05 PM
I watched the Moonlight premiere. Yep. Kinda disappointed!

All for except the last 5 or so minutes... I was fighting off boredom. What is the point of a vampire who is virtually human? It seemed to me that there wasn't much supernatural-ness about him.

They said too much and didn't show enough. What's up with him sleeping in a freezer? They didn't explain that one. And who was interviewing him at the beginning? I thought I had fallen into an Anne Rice novel... only boring.

Still... he's easy on the eyes. And once he started running after the "vampire" professor in the car and did some really cool supernatural stuff... it redeemed the show enough for me to try again next week. Also, the "scenes from" at the end looked quite good!

Nazo400
September 30th, 2007, 04:15 PM
In the US it is on a channel called Lifetime at 11pm. I think the show is Canadian produced and as Zsinj pointed out it is indeed based on a series if books.

The show is about to start its second season, but I didn't think much of it when I watched it. It is shown in the UK on LivingTV.

The Dresden Files, IMO, was much better but still got canceled...
I watched Blood Ties on it's premier in Canada... on BBC Great show... To bad they took Reaper to the US instead of Blood Ties (Reaper also was going 2 air in Canada around the week after on BBC)

I got hooked into Blood Ties but I did watch a little of Moonlight.... If I had to compare the two... Blood Ties would win hands down.... Moonlight didn't have the need to watch and see what happens next...
It's realy too bad Dresden never got renewed (They never truly say they canceled it....Well not that I know of...)

Wulfa_Jones
October 1st, 2007, 06:19 AM
A bit behind on stuff, got to watch Reaper and Moonlight today sometime.

Moonlight got some pretty poor reviews, pretty much along the lines of what kalitara said. The show is supposed to be pretty dull.

Still, as with everything, I'll give it a chance. I do fancy Reaper though, based on the clips I've seen it looks to be quite funny!

Still got to watch the season opener for Heroes... a whole lotta TV!