View Full Version : Halo 3

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Greil
September 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Has anyone else played Halo 3 yes. I got it at launch and I personally love it.

Nightblade
September 28th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Nope, haven't had a chance to play it but it looks pretty cool. I'm keen to buy a X-box 360 around Christmas since the PC version of the first game is way too jerky on my comp. :P

Esmenet
September 28th, 2007, 08:16 AM
It took my 6 and a half hours on co-op and 5 and a half on legendary single to beat it. It was horrible. Not that I like any of the other Halo games...they are the worst fps' ever...BUT I did force myself to play them. I hated the ending. I forgot how to do the spoiler box so
SPOILER ALERT COMING UP

I don't understand where the hell master cheif went! Are you just supposed to assume he died of a massive heartattack after the planet is saved? He saved himself on that ship and then RANDOMLY isn't at the marines ceremony. That was so ridiculous. Oh well...I played it, it's over.

END SPOILER
Now I have more time to meditate before God of War III comes out...And GH3 as well as rock band...And I have to get rolling on amplitude. But let me know what you thought of the ending..because I feel like I'm the only one that didn't like nor understand the importance of the ending scene. I even replayed it because I thought I missed something.

Esmenet
September 28th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Nope, haven't had a chance to play it but it looks pretty cool. I'm keen to buy a X-box 360 around Christmas since the PC version of the first game is way too jerky on my comp. :P
PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON XBOX 360!!!!!! They break so easy. My post office laughed at me and my friend when we brought it in to get it fixed cause they said it was the 50th one that week. They over heat so if you are going to get one make sure you get the new version that came out with Halo 3 cause they tried to fix some of the heat issues..but it didn't help very much. If you're going to spend that much money you might as well buy a PS3 which is way more worth the money and the time. It's blue ray so you can watch DVDs on it in better format as well. I'm just warning you because I had to spend 400 dollars to get mine fixed and I didn't get it back for 6 months. But it's up to you...

trentdick2882
September 28th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Oh gosh, the 360 haters exist even here. Don't worry about buying a 360, every one has a three year warranty. Yes, the older ones are prone to dying. I bought a launch console and had mine die twice. The up side is that both times Microsoft replaced the console for free and I received the new console within two weeks of it breaking. I have no clue why the previous poster wasted 400 dollars to repair his, sounds like he didn't do his research, or he made the whole story up. Why exactly didn't you call Microsoft? I know there were some people at the very start that paid Microsoft to repair the console but that money was refunded.

trentdick2882
September 28th, 2007, 11:31 PM
As far as Halo 3 goes, great game. I guess it's so popular now that it's the "trendy" thing to do to say it sucks. A game doesn't sell this well if it's the worst of its genre. The Master Chief's location is revealed if you watch through the credits, but I agree that it was confusing. The single player, in my opinion, was amazing up until the last two levels, where it faltered a bit. The multiplayer is amazing, with tons of options, and the video editor is something that needs to be in every game ever released.

Halo is the first successful console FPS. It revolutionized console multiplayer and created a matchmaking system that hasn't been surpassed yet. The combination of on foot and vehicular combat is the best I've ever seen. Playing co-op in single-player is one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Nightblade
September 29th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah, had the opportunity to play co-op with some friends last year with Halo 2. I can't count the number of times we died for stupid reasons. Haha. Probably only got to see a quarter of the storyline. It was good fun though.

Esmenet
September 29th, 2007, 11:44 PM
I'm not a 360 hater at all. I have a prejudiced opinion of the system based on how many of them have broken. As for the story it's my best friend, and I was with him when he sent it into Microsoft. We called them first and the costumer service told us to just ship it back it, that it was a main problem that a lot of systems had been having. And the cost was so much because it had to be shipped back and forth twice due to Microsoft's errors, and the shipping and handling cost a lot.

As for Halo in general...I'm not a mainstream gamer, nor did I just start playing video games. I don't have opinions on games based on what's "trendy to do". I just don't like Halo. Although I enjoyed the Co-op on Halo 3, I just didn't enjoy the game at all. I love a lot of Fps' but this one just didn't do anything for me.

sic's mom
October 2nd, 2007, 09:41 AM
If you are a big Halo fan (like everyone in my house is) you need to go to discovery.com/lastonestanding and watch the movie short. Amazing. Would love to see them finally get the movie off the ground. Still don't understand why they think it won't make any money.

trentdick2882
October 2nd, 2007, 08:05 PM
I'm hoping, with the amazing sales of the game, they'll give the go ahead for the movie. The shorts are pretty awesome. Anyone want to exchange gamertags? Mine's dhalgren2882