PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Like Foreign Flicks??????????

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Valkin
October 26th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I mean, c'mon, their really good!

but its like here. You get good ones, and then you get bad ones.

I liked The Host, although alot of my friends didn't. That part with the monster regurgitating the human bones was just...sickening...

The plot needed a little "umph" though, but I liked it.

Seven Swords was cool, and Shinobi was visually impressive, though I felt it was too short really, and that cut the story down a lot.

Um, I dont know his name, but that director who did Hero, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? I have seen all of his movies, and I noticed something......

All of his movies have sad, really depressing endings. The last one I saw was The Curse of the Golden Flower, and I knew everyone would die and the evil king would win, even before the movie ended. But his movies are so indescribly beautiful. I think of it like goth (although american or japanese lolita aint got nothing to do with it). Only the "theme" is gothic, only in its esque: "It is tragic, yet you cannot help but watch because it is beautiful...."

And alot of foreign films are. I have discovered so many that my friends do not know, or see, or understand, and I am captured by them, thinking, "What a shame for the rest to miss this...."

Really, I have seen a lot, because the library where I work at has many of them. It's really cool. And there are so many that I cannot name them all.

So; the question: Anyone else seen or like them? I think they are like undiscovered gems, that you find yourself and love personally. (I'm not saying there are bad ones, believe me, there are many. ;P)

cougs
October 26th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I haven't seen many but...

Pan's Labyrinth was awesome, It's a Beautiful Lifewas great, and I too enjoyed many of the martial arts movies.

Foreign movies do tend to be very good, but then again only the good ones would get any publicity in the states...so maybe thats why they are always so good :)

Valkin
October 26th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Yes, I loved Pan's Labyrinth, though I dont think I've heard of the other one tho. I'll have to look it up.

Yesh, and with the Cannes Film Festival coming out with their newly, very highly anticipated movie called Time, I can see how the company Asia Extreme is really picking the creme of the crop here. I mean, my two most ULTIMATE favorite foreign movies of ALL TIME are Oldboy, with the sequel, Lady Vengeance coming in second. And THAT....that NEEDS to be known. Seriously. Just watch a trailer for one. JUST ONE, of those two that I have named, and you will know.....you will know......:cool:

Heres a link to a little clip of the NEW Asia Extreme hit at the festival, Time: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uXjxeIAa7lM

And here is one for one of my ULTIMATE FAVORITES, Oldboy: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YLn1y9v6yno

(:DMUST watch that ^^^^^^^^ up above!!!:D)

mariiisssa
November 13th, 2008, 12:13 AM
i really like that french flick, Amelie.
its a really interesting movie.
but its good too.