PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga 2

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

gollumbells
November 3rd, 2007, 05:24 PM
Anybody played this? recently bought it and watched the video of cutscenes from the first game which took 5 hours. because i heard from the guy in the shop the first one only came out in japan i had to watch it first. i looked on gamefaqs but i couldnt see a eu release date for xenosaga 3. is it only jp and us only??

A ps2 game which needs 2 disks. must be long.......

James Carmack
November 7th, 2007, 07:02 PM
There's no scheduled European release date for XS3, but that doesn't mean it won't happen sometime in the future.

XS2 was released in Europe eight months after its stateside release. We've obviously passed that point a long time ago, but who knows? The day may yet come.

I have the DS version of 1 and 2, but I reckon I should probably get the PS2 version of the series as well. Something to add to the plate. (I actually have a fair-sized stack of PS2 games, but I have yet to buy a PS2. ^_^; )

Muess
November 10th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Is it anywhere near as awesome as Xenogears?? When I first heard about the Xeno-prequels I was pretty excited but after hearing about all the changes they were making I kind of lost interest :(

gollumbells
November 20th, 2007, 06:19 AM
whoa. hold on a second. are you telling me it has been released on the ds????

James Carmack
November 20th, 2007, 05:38 PM
In Japan, yeah. XS I and II on a single cartridge. Obviously, none of the bells and whistles of the PS2 version. It has isometric sprite-based graphics. I've only dabbled with the tutorial, so I can't comment on it in any depth. Once I'm done with FE10 and Mother 3, I might give it a proper spin. (If FE3 doesn't draw me in first.)

gollumbells
November 22nd, 2007, 02:26 AM
i bet its all in japanese. (sigh) amazing that both are on a single cartridge though.

Muess
November 22nd, 2007, 06:33 AM
Yeah it is and it's very text intensive :(

James Carmack
November 22nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Surely you weren't expecting anything different from a Japanese RPG.

gollumbells
November 27th, 2007, 08:37 AM
i know, but one can always hope.

James Carmack
November 27th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Only if you're wanting a good laugh. Engrish isn't good for much else. (Then again, given the quality of translation by most localizers, I guess it's not all that different which side of the pond they attempt the cross into English.)