PDA

View Full Version : BSG: Razor (11/24)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

mrwizard
November 5th, 2007, 01:55 PM
I'm pumped for this and it's finally November so it's in sight!

Is anyone else following the flashbacks that Sci Fi shows during Flash Gordon? They also are putting them on their website (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/).
The special effects are pretty bad-ass....

Holbrook
November 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I'm pumped for this and it's finally November so it's in sight!

Is anyone else following the flashbacks that Sci Fi shows during Flash Gordon? They also are putting them on their website (http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/).
The special effects are pretty bad-ass....

Not in the states, so I am relying on you tube for these flashbacks, the site clips won't play for me

I have ordered the DVD. It is released in the UK on 29th December....

manephelien
November 5th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Thank goodness for YouTube. :p

mrwizard
November 7th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Not in the states, so I am relying on you tube for these flashbacks, the site clips won't play for me

I have ordered the DVD. It is released in the UK on 29th December....

Not to worry- you know I'm ordering the DVD too. I heard it will include the webisodes (that the actual Razor movie will not include) as well as extended scenes that were cut out for the TV premiere. Plus, I have to keep up my BSG collection and it just wouldn't be complete without it...

redhead
November 27th, 2007, 08:20 PM
no spoilers, but i want my 2 hours back. should have watched torchwood instead.

mjolnir
February 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I was just inspired to dig up this thread from last year...

I watched Razor a couple days ago, [having spent what I now consider to be some very good money on the DVD], and ... wow. Just wow. I'd only seen the mini series previously, and, while I enjoyed it greatly I was not yet a fan.

Now I am.

The movie combines the sci fi adventure elements I love with an absolute unwillingness to look away from tough decisions. Moral ambiguity abounds here in ways which, while certainly not unique, I have rarely seen elsewhere in my limited TV experience. The characters are engaging and multifaceted individuals that you can root for, [or gnash your teeth at], while still lamenting their flaws. If the rest of the series falls into the same quality bracket as the mini series and the film, this is going to become my favourite show currently running on TV right fast.

I'd analyze more, [and carp, because I think there are problems], but that's not the essence of this post. The essence of this post is ... um, yeah, wow.

I haven't rushed out to buy the season DVDs, though, simply because I think that, as something that very much has a beginning middle and end, this show's conclusion will be integral to its overall quality. After watching what I've watched I've no doubt they can pull it off, [though I hear there has been some spotty stuff recently]; what's in question is whether they will get the chance. The writer's strike is over, but so far as I know the BSG staff is still laid off without compensation. No scripts exist for the season's back ten, and some of the actors may well have no choice but to move on since filming was supposed to be finishing up around about next month. Fingers crossed...
________
SUZUKI RG150 (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_RG150)