PDA

View Full Version : Earth Invasion Novel - need help!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

GrantG
November 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Hi all,

over the last few years I've been remembering a book I read as a young teen (20 years ago ish) and I would really like to find out what it is in order to purchase a copy.

The storyline goes something like this:
In the future Earth is invaded by aliens (K'thara?) who posses energy shields that make them invulnerable to current Earth energy weapons. The book itself is based around 1 man figuring out that the shields do not protect them from projectile weapons. He finds this out by killing one with a bow and an arrow. So he starts a resistance, locates and liberates a cache of weapons (in London?), then organises the theft of an alien starship. They rename the ship White Swan(?) and flee to the World Sphere(?) located in the great red spot/storm on Jupiter. I though it was called Earth Invasion or Invasion Earth but I can't find any books that follow the above storyline!:confused:

Of course some of the details could be wrong, but any pointers that might lead me to identifying this book and it's series would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks!

Grant

cgw
November 16th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Battlefield Earth?

GrantG
November 16th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Battlefield Earth?
Thanks for that, did you mean the L Ron Hubbard one? If so then no I'm affraid not; the invasion actually happens at the beginning of the story.

Highroller
March 23rd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Does the cover show a red colored alien? If it's the one I am thinking of I think it has the word Memories as part of the title. If that rings a bell let me know and I'll do a search and rescue through my whole collection.