PDA

View Full Version : looking for old anthology

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

tcumr
November 24th, 2007, 09:57 PM
i am looking for an old sci-fi book probably from 50's or 60's that was in my high school library t was a heavy dark green book very thick and it contained a story about a man that is given a shrinking potion by a scientist and the man shrinksdown to atomic level to discover that these are solar systems and as he continues to shrink thru various universes he has various adventures. this is not the story by richard matheson. i would appreciate any help on the book or the story.:D

B5B7
November 25th, 2007, 07:31 AM
This should be the story you are looking for "He Who Shrank" by Henry Hasse, and this link provides details of the book:wiki entry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Hasse)
Actual book detail quote from wikipedia:
Hasse's naive but powerful novelette "He Who Shrank" is anthologized in both Isaac Asimov's memoir of 1930s science fiction Before the Golden Age and in the classic 1946 collection Adventures in Time and Space, edited by Raymond J. Healy and J. Francis McComas.

tcumr
November 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
thank you B5B7 you are not going to believe this but when they remodeled the library at my old high school they threw away every science fiction book in the old library! if i had known i could have salvalged many old wonderful books. i lived out of state but if i had known i would've flown back. thanks again.:cool:

rainswept
April 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks for reminding me about Before the Golden Age... that was one of my earliest childhood reads - He Who Shrank had a great impact on me! - and I'll have to track it down on Abebooks.