PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify a movie name/ title!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Knightman_10
November 26th, 2007, 10:00 AM
I saw a movie this year (I think HBO but not sure) that appeared to be made for television, and I cannot locate the name of the movie or the actors/ actresses. It was about a great warrior princess of either Iceland or Greenland or some other icy location. She was known as a greater fighter than any man. Only one man had ever defeated her, when he was a young blacksmith and they fought. They later bound together and fell in love. My memory is shaky here, but I think she returned home to her ice country believing that they were destined to be together. But many years later that same man married another woman, before ever finding the ice princess again. He was beholden to his own king/ prince of his own country, and that king asked him to challenge the beautiful princess because the princess promised to marry any man who defeated her in battle. The king (or prince) asked the man to use a charm to hid his identity and pretend to be the king/ prince. He did this and defeated the princess for the second time, and his king/ prince then married the ice princess (who ultimately found out of the deception). What is the name of this movie? Who stared in it? Can anyone help me? It is farily recent (meaning the last couple years).

Kaellyn
November 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I think the movie your talking about is called Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King, and Kristanna Loken played the warrior queen it. It may also be called Ring of the Nibelungs. I watched it about a year ago and thought it was a pretty good movie. Hope this helps.