View Full Version : Tin Man

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

sic's mom
November 26th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Has anyone seen the preview for this new mini series on SciFi? It is a new scifi take on the Wizard of Oz. To me it looks pretty good. A little on the weird side, but interesting. More of a modern take on the story. SciFi can do some pretty good stories so lets hope this is one. The first part is supposed to air this Sun and be in three two-hour episodes.

Zsinj
November 26th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Yes it looks quite interesting. Plus it stars Zooey Deschanel. YOWZA!! ;)

anphrax
November 27th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Yes it looks quite interesting. Plus it stars Zooey Deschanel. YOWZA!! ;)

Yes... drool. She was so beautiful in tHGttG (the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy). I am super excited for this one and I have already set up my DVR to record.

Cheers :o

redhead
November 27th, 2007, 08:20 PM
i've only seen the commercials on TV, and it looks really cool! and Zooey Deschanel looks adorable, as usual. i'd watch anything with her in it.

Wulfa_Jones
December 7th, 2007, 02:48 AM
It look interesting, but I hear it got some pretty bad reviews. Anyone seen it yet?

sojourner753
December 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM
I recorded the mini-series but have only seen the first installment. I have to day that I'm pretty disappointed.

Truth be told Zooey Deschanel is probably the worst part of the series. Her acting is dry and flat. It very distracting, especially when you consider the more accomplished and more colorful actors around her.

While its an interesting spin on the tale, the execution seems to be of a low production quality.

I guess Scifi channel has spoiled me with the Battlestar Galactica and Dune Miniseries'.

The look and feel of Tin Man is actually reminiscent of the Merlin production they did several years ago. I definitely didn't like that one.

Just my $.02

redhead
December 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM
i watched all of it. i had high expectations, that was a mistake.

first installment - blah.
second installment - a little better, but not much
last installment - back to blah, with a quick and cheesy ending.

part of me wants to blame the director. i don't want to spoil it too much for people who haven't seen it.

and i swear one of those muchkins was the Indian guy who played the oompa loompa in the recent Charlie & the Chocolate Factory movie.

Moriquendi
December 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I saw it and I loved it! I'm going to buy the dvd when it comes out March 11th!:D

Zsinj
December 13th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I thoruoghly enjoyed it as well. Didn't really see anything wrong with it. I especially liked how they turned the Cowardly Lion character into a being from a furry barbarian-like race that are psychics.

MrBF1V3
December 15th, 2007, 12:12 AM
I actually thought it was brilliant. But then I came in with low expectations. "Sci Fi original" does not automatically make me think of high quality in writing or in production.

Bit's and pieces of the original story were there, but in a sideways, twisted way. If I only had a brain. I thought Deschanel was supposed to be dry. (Great delivery on "She melted.") And the story went a little beyond, 'let's get to the wizard, go melt the witch and find out I could have gone home any time I wanted to without having to go through all that...'

Although, I wasn't as fond of the "wizard". He didn't do much for me, and I kind of wondered why he was there at all.

B5