PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers 3

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

steagle
December 8th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Yep, there's a third one coming out- not that it's a bad thing really: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=starship+troopers+3&x=0&y=0

It's going back to the original format- won't be as bad as starship troopers 2- not that the original was all that good (changed story way too much from the book). Aside from that, i have to say i'll have to buy it no matter how bad it is.

Eckythump
December 9th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot they even did a Starship Troopers 2.

Hobbit
December 9th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I forgot they even did a Starship Troopers 2.

That's the best way to be, Ecky. I have seen it... *shudders* :)

Hobbit

Eckythump
December 10th, 2007, 02:39 AM
I haven't seen it either, but i've heard it was really crap.

suupaabaka
December 10th, 2007, 07:19 AM
I liked it because it was so cheesy you couldn't possibly take it seriously. I don't think the people involved in the production took it seriously either!

Fung Koo
December 11th, 2007, 02:48 PM
ST:2 was directed by the FX people for ST:1. It was a really stupid movie that was really only made as a vehicle to showcase some creature effects that Phil Tippet was working on.

As for the first one sucking, people need to realize that it only shares a few things in common with the book for specific reasons. It's firstly mock-propaganda, secondly satire, and thirdly an action film. It was never intended to be a faithful reproduction of anything in the book. Instead it used the political ideology of the book to frame a made-for-tv style propaganda film that might've been shown in the world it depicts. It's actually a highly adept piece if you consider the undertaking of the careful reproduction an enormous portions of both Triumph of the Will and the Why We Fight series. I think it's on the same level as Animal Farm in terms of the tensions between what it represents, which is something very difficult to do.

Wulfa_Jones
December 13th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Starship Troopers 2 felt like a script written for a low bugder sci-fi film and then shoe horned into the Starship Trooper franchise.

The love the first film, it's a great, fun sci-fi action film.

ArdusKane
December 17th, 2007, 02:47 AM
I never knew there was a second movie until people mentioned it in the same sentence as "bullshit" and "crap".

First impressions are always important...

Eckythump
December 17th, 2007, 04:22 AM
I liked ST 1. For a film in its own merit i thought it was good, not the best but was pretty good for action and special effects.

I try not to compare a movie and the book, i take them as two separate entities aimed at different audiences or needs to convey a message in the best possible way by the chosen media.

Suffice it to say...Shoot em up POW POW