SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

pat5150
December 25th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Merry Christmas to all! :D

Don't know if anyone saw this trailer earlier this fall, but I just became aware of it this morning. It sucks to such an extent that I had to put it on the blog (www.fantasyhotlist.blogspot.com). Holy crap, it's even worst than that D&D cartoon from the 80s... :eek:

To think that they've been talking about a Dragonlance movie for more than 20 years. . .

Patrick

Boiler
December 25th, 2007, 11:49 AM
err.....that's a joke, right? that's not the movie that is about to come out next year, is it?

it looks worse than any sunday morning child animation there is.

that can't be right, it just can't...:eek:

thrinidir
December 25th, 2007, 01:46 PM
This is exactly the trailer that should entice those fans who read dragonlance 20years (or more?) ago and feasted on such cartoons as he-man and the masters of the universe, transformers etc. It's retro and I ****ing love it (I could have done without the cheap 3d animation though), you can call me tastless but I'd rather see an old-school cartoon with a good story (The Flight Of Dragons (1982) anyone?) than a crappy movie with even crappier visual effects, and a story not even on par with the crappiness of the movie and it's visuals. I doub't the storytelling will be good, but the visuals definitely don't repel my interest.

Icarium
December 25th, 2007, 05:11 PM
lol, how can you say this looks good? you know, i watched the cartoon version or Lord of the rings and it was actually pretty good you know, there was drama in the drawings and stuff but this thing? tasteless crap... will not even watch it if it s the only thing playing on tv at midnight and the only other thing i can watch is tennis...

Bluestar
December 25th, 2007, 06:40 PM
I'm with thrinidir on this one. I love the old school look which reminds me of the old D&D cartoon but I could have done without the out of place 3d.

Evil Agent
December 26th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Wow.

I don't even know what to say! I saw this thread, and got excited... only to read the original post, and get really worried. I was looking forward to this movie. Now... apparently it's a straight-to-DVD release, with what appears to be horribly low-budget animation. Pretty disappointing...!:(

Richardb
December 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Wow, that would have looked bad in 1985... it really looks almost funny now!
What a collosal waste of money and time.:confused::eek:

redhead
December 26th, 2007, 04:42 PM
wow. omg, just wow.

that trailer is embarrassingly bad.

Self
December 26th, 2007, 07:24 PM
I'll watch it with my kids. Loved Dragonlance as a kid, & still revisit it.

Evil Agent
December 27th, 2007, 12:00 AM
The weirdest thing is how they try to blend horrible hand-drawn animation with poorly-rendered CGI dragons...:confused: