PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Goodies

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

kater
January 2nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
I started a similar thread in the Games section so I thought I'd ask what everyone got for christmas. I had the first two Walking Dead HC collections, the binding is good and twenty-four comics all nicely packaged in that way was a great present. I picked up The Boys first trade just because it's so damn funny and splashed out on a Chronicles of Wormwood hardcover, Ennis very rarely misses for me. Looking forward to the next Punisher MAX HC in Feb :)

Rob B
January 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Justice by Alex Ross/Jim Kreuger/Doug Braithwaite (all three books)
I enjoyed this for what it was - A DC "All-Star" book of the Superfriends...er Justice League. Great art and a pretty solid story.

Batman: Ego and Other Tales by Darwyn Cooke.
I liked the title story and I enjoyed the Catwoman story much more than I expected

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Swamp Thing Volume 3: The Curse
Both are still unread.

kater
January 3rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
Justice by Alex Ross/Jim Kreuger/Doug Braithwaite (all three books)
I enjoyed this for what it was - A DC "All-Star" book of the Superfriends...er Justice League. Great art and a pretty solid story.

I bought the singles with the intention of picking up a collection but when I saw 12 issues = 3 trades I couldn't believe it. One HC collection with some nice art extras would have been great but DC are so poor when it comes to collections it doesn't surprise me.