PDA

View Full Version : In the Name of the King

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Amaunette
January 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM
I just saw this on IMDB slotted for release next week.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460780/trailers-me60723458

It's called "In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale." The subtitle makes it sound like it's in a series or something. It's obviously fantasy, and it's got Jonathan Statham in the lead, which would make me want to see it no matter what genre. It looks like it should be a good action movie, but will it be a good fantasy movie? Anyone know anything more about this?

Leiali
January 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Amaunette, Dugeon Siege is apparently a computer game which Tarn tells me is ok but a bit simplistic, which is pretty much general opinion of Jason Statham as far as I know! I've only seen him in Lock, Stock and must admit he seems to me to be the British successor of Steven Segal, a bad rather than good thing. Still, it might be worth a viewing with John Rhys-Davies and Ron Perlman supporting.

Shehzad
January 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
It's an Uwe Boll movie. Nothing further needs to be said.

theDood
January 5th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Uwe Boll is horrible at adapting games to film. Just horrible. Why doesn't the dude just try to make a game instead. Frick. I recommend saving your money for something worth it, like Cloverfield.

Evil Agent
January 6th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Uwe Boll has made some of the worst films ever... and he is based out of Vancouver (my city!). :o

That being said, I just read an article about Boll and this movie, in today's paper. It was interesting to see that Boll is fully aware of his horrible reputation. But he made some interesting points, partially explaining why he usually does these video game adaptations (apparently the studios are much more willing to fund those, than some other great idea that a director might have). He also said that he firmly believes that this is the best film out of his last 3 or 4, and that (in Germany at least) he got 50/50 reviews of this film, which is a serious improvement over the nearly 100% negative reviews of his previous efforts!

That being said, this movie looks incredibly cheesy. I doubt I'll see it. I don't want to tarnish my image of Ron Perlman before I get a chance to see Hellboy II!

enazwo
January 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I had been looking forward to this movie for quite awhile here in the US. It has had it's release date changed a couple time. I saw the preview and was appalled by what I saw, it looked incredibly cheesy with extra fuel injected chemicalized cheesy chesse.

Anyway the IMDb has numerous review blasting it with nuclear weapons, and the vote meter with just under 5,000 votes is like 4.1, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Wulfa_Jones
January 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I saw an internet ad for this today, only a still image with the title. It looked pretty bad based on that one image so I didn't think to look it up further.

Uwe Boll is an awful director and a terrible writer. He has ruined some great game properties with his horrible adaptions.

saintjon
January 26th, 2008, 12:09 PM
which other ones has he been responsible for?

Evil Agent
January 26th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Bloodrayne, Alone in the Dark, and some other travesties I can't recall at the moment.

saintjon
January 27th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Oh cheers those are ones I steered clear of anyhow. thanks Evil :)