View Full Version : Heath Ledger R.I.P

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

kater
January 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Quite a shock when I was just wandering cyberspace now and came across this. He was reportedly found by his housekeeper on the bed, unresponsive with pills strewn across the room. He was declared dead ten minutes later. Never struck me as the angsty type so it's all a bit strange.

Hobbit
January 22nd, 2008, 05:44 PM
Yes, just hearing of this now.

Most seem to be quite shocked by this, understandably.

Mark / Hobbit

a1188323
January 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
Sad news, that guy really had a lot of potential.

ArthurFrayn
January 22nd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Weird. Just saw him in the Dylan film I'm Not There.

Wulfa_Jones
January 23rd, 2008, 03:04 AM
Very sad and shocking news.

So young and talented. I remember seeing him first in Roar and really enjoyed this performance in 10 Things I Hate About You.

I own quite a few of this films on DVD and always thought he was a pretty cool guy.

Worse is that he is leaving his 2 year old daughter behind. Tragic.

TarotGaladriel
January 23rd, 2008, 03:09 AM
I was stunned when I saw this on the news, what a tragic thing to happen..... He was so young and such a talented actor, on the up as far as his career was heading.

Batman Dark Knight will have so much more poignancy now it is his last completed film...........from the few clips I have seen of it, it looked to be an amazing performance.

My daughter has gone to school very sad this morning, she adored him in Knights Tale.

RIP Heath.

Miriamele
January 23rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
I was shocked to hear of this as well. He seemed like one of those actors who has it all together. Very sad.

Eldanuumea
January 23rd, 2008, 11:43 AM
So much promise, so early to leave us......I am very saddened by the film world's loss of Ledger. His performances in both The Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountain were impeccable.:(

Severn
January 23rd, 2008, 05:34 PM
I was saying to my husband that when a famous person, who seems to have the world at their feet, dies it reminds us of our own mortality.

I am saddened by his loss - he starred in several of my favourite films. I was also saddened for his family who found out on the radio, and then only an hour or two after had a camp of media on their lawn.

Thoughts are with them.

sic's mom
January 23rd, 2008, 05:42 PM
I was totally shocked by this. Like they said on the radio if it was like Brittany or something, well you would have seen this coming. But this was just a shock. I fell in love with this young man when I saw "10 Things I Hate about You" and have loved him in every movie since. I am so looking forward to "Dark Knight" and this will make it a bit bittersweet. All my prayers and of my family go out to his.