PDA

View Full Version : Help Finding a Book- "The Giant Dogs"

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

RVM45
January 24th, 2008, 09:38 PM
.....I'm trying to find the author and publisher of a book my sister bought in an airport in Japan(in English).

.....It was either 'The Giant Dogs" or "The Big Dogs".

.....Plot is: mad scientist type; and a bunch of followers, leaves Germany after WWI. They settle somewhere in the far North of Canada. Through genetic engineering, and surgery, they create a race of dogs with human intellegence, who walk on their back legs and speak English.

.....The story starts in modern times. The dogs have revolted and killed their masters. Then they picked up and moved to New York. They have beaucoup gold; gems; etc. They immediately hire multiple attorneys to try to get them human rights. In the meantime, they refuse to reveal the location of their city, for fear that they may be held accountable for the killings.

.....Meanwhile, they seem to have a strange foreboding that in the near future they will revert to being beasts- which most of them do, though we never learn why.

.....Anyway, the book was totally ruined during a local flood. I'd really like to locate another copy. Not sure, but the publisher may be Japanese.

.....Thanks!

.....RVM45 :cool:

shinyaSS
January 25th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Sorry I don't know the title, but I just like to say there is only few English publishers in Japan. In the high probability it might be produced by non-Japanese publisher.