PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend some good U.S T.V. shows from tne past few years?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

GinaK
February 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I've been living in England over the past 8 years and the T.V. here leaves a lot to be desired. I'm looking for some good original television shows that have been over in the States but may not have made it across the pond. I've manage to find a few that I really enjoyed listed here to help give an idea of what I'm looking for.

Eureka
Jericho
Dexter
Dresden Files (gutted to find only one series of this made)

Some of the more mainstream ones have made it here including the following.

Sopranos
Lost
Stargate SG1 & Atlantis

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andols
February 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
bsg? i think sky was airing it so you might have that one.

Amaunette
February 12th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hi GinaK,

I really like Heroes. It's one of the mainstream ones. You can watch recent videos on NBC's website, I believe. I also like Sarah Connor Chronicles, which is current and airing on FOX's website as well. If you liked Jericho, you might also like Jeremiah. It's similarly post-apocaylptic, though I don't think it's quite as good as Jericho. If you like strange SF stuff, you might like the 4400, which has multiple, but short, seasons.

I'm sure there's many others. Have fun!

redhead
February 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
coming from someone who believes most tv is crap, here is what i've loved over the past few years (OK, some of this is way older than a few years) -

Arrested Development - not sf, but really, really well written.
Carnivale (was a weird HBO thing)
Battlestar Galactica! yeah!!!

GinaK
February 16th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks for these I forgot about Heroes they kept changing what time it was on here so I never did see them all. In the middle of season 1 BSG really enjoying it.

I appreciate the recent shows suggested but was thinking there may have been some series that may be finished now but are worth a look.

Thanks again and keep them coming please. :D

NO-F.X.
May 8th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Two and a Half Men
The Tick

......does one really need anything else?

Andols
May 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM
coming from someone who believes most tv is crap, here is what i've loved over the past few years (OK, some of this is way older than a few years) -

Arrested Development - not sf, but really, really well written.
Carnivale (was a weird HBO thing)
Battlestar Galactica! yeah!!!

Carnivale was made by the same guy as BSG.

Andols
May 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Two and a Half Men
The Tick

......does one really need anything else?

none of those are sf though. and i would rather drink my own piss than watch any of those. except maybe the tick. as long as you dont mean the live action one. then ill take the piss.

NO-F.X.
May 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Live action Tick was terrible. Someone use Balefire on it so we may all be freed of the memory of it :)

Sci-Fi, hmmmmmmmm....Andromeda. First four seasons when Tyre was in it.

sic's mom
May 12th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I really like Supernatural. Two brothers out to destroy all kinds of supernatural baddies like demons, werewolves, vamps and stuff. And Smallville is always a fave if you want a little different twist on the Superman story.