PDA

View Full Version : Who should play Ian Cormac?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SigmaofBorg
February 14th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I saw on Neal's interviews that he listed Bruce Willis and Keifer Southerland. From the first in Gridlinked I thought it was obvious that Ian Cormac was an older version of Christian Bale ala 'Equilibrium'.

I also noticed mention of Babylon 5. :)

gaiusbaltar
February 15th, 2008, 08:14 AM
well christian bale is obvious. perhaps eric bana? or kiefer would also be good.

Ouroboros
February 15th, 2008, 09:26 AM
From what I recall, Cormac's physical appearance isn't described in great deal, beyond that he is silver-haired (did I imagine that?).

I'd lean towards something less well-known than Christian Bale, although he turns in an amazing performance in everything he does.

nealasher
April 23rd, 2008, 02:50 PM
My vision of Cormac is of someone like Steve McQueen and, the way CGI is going now it might even not be a problem that he's dead. Anyway, with the modern actors I still go with Keiffer -- enjoyed too many episodes of 24 not to.

ST9430C
October 11th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Jeffrey Donovan from Burn Notice.

Chuffalump
April 4th, 2009, 04:00 PM
My vision of Cormac is of someone like Steve McQueen and, the way CGI is going now it might even not be a problem that he's dead. Anyway, with the modern actors I still go with Keiffer -- enjoyed too many episodes of 24 not to.

I get the impression from the books that Cormac's abilities are mostly hidden. Sort of like Jason Bourne, not obviously tough, but ruthless, fast and a stone cold killer when push comes to shove. So most of the action film genre actors wouldn't fit at all (in my own opinion, of course). I could go with Christian Bale or even James McAvoy (without the floppy hair on either).

I've changed my mind.. since Ian Cormac is a futuristic James Bond type then Daniel Craig would be ideal.

Golgo13
April 20th, 2009, 06:24 AM
It has to be an british actor how about robert carlyle or obviously cristian bale and horace blegg has to be mr sulu. If american no-one can play the no feeling actor like keanu reeves as in gridlinked. also i wanted Bale to play Akkarin in the magicians guild trudy cananvan

rolsonca
May 22nd, 2009, 11:38 PM
How about Chiwetel Ejiofor? He can play ruthless, calculating, cold blooded effortlessly yet has remarkable emotional range. See "Serenity."

Decode
October 23rd, 2009, 04:45 AM
Christian Bale is generally brilliant in most of the roles that he portrays but I do like the left-field choice of Chiwetel Ejiofor becuase he was brilliant in Serenity!! Although i do wonder if they will go with an established name such as Bale or if cheap liability insurance (http://cheap-publicliability-insurance.co.uk/) would be an unknown!

nealasher
November 16th, 2011, 11:27 AM
All of the above are cool with me. They can all do 'stone killer'.