PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
February 14th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Does anyone hear remember the syndicated cartoon series Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys? Dang, I thought that show was so cool! It was like Star Wars with anthropomorphic apes! :)

Monty Mike
February 15th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I don't think I remember that show. I thought you were going to ask about Captain Planet. Now THAT was awesome! :D

(sorry to go off-topic)

Wulfa_Jones
February 18th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I do remember this! The name stuck a chord, but couldn't think what it looked like so Google imaged it and yes I do remember it. Not well, but I did use to watch it.

What was it with animals in space? Wasn't Bucky O'Hare only a few years before this?

Zsinj
February 18th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I do remember this! The name stuck a chord, but couldn't think what it looked like so Google imaged it and yes I do remember it. Not well, but I did use to watch it.

What was it with animals in space? Wasn't Bucky O'Hare only a few years before this?

Ahh yes, Bucky O Hare! Another great sci-fi cartoon. I watched that one quite religiously. Actually, if I remember right, Bucky O'Hare aired quite a while before Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys.
Bucky O'Hare reminded me alt of Star Wars and the video game Starfox. Yeah, you don't find cartoons like those two anymore, which is sad.

Wulfa_Jones
February 18th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Ahh yes, Bucky O Hare! Another great sci-fi cartoon. I watched that one quite religiously. Actually, if I remember right, Bucky O'Hare aired quite a while before Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys.
Bucky O'Hare reminded me alt of Star Wars and the video game Starfox. Yeah, you don't find cartoons like those two anymore, which is sad.

I don't think it was that far behind... Think Bucky O'Hare was around 1992 and Captain Simian around 1997.