View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Brawl

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Gear
March 17th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I was wondering if anyone has played this game yet.

Living in Australia this game hasn't yet been released (they haven't even given a date yet:mad:) and being a avid player of the first two Smash Brothers games I would like to know what people think of this one.

James Carmack
March 17th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Check out this thread for some of the comments I made when I first got the game:

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19039

Yes, I live in Japan, so I've had it since the beginning of February. If there's anything you want to ask that I didn't cover in that thread, feel free to ask.

I will say, in short, that the game is entirely worth the wait. ^_^

Power to the J
March 18th, 2008, 06:23 PM
This game is great. I've lost a lot of sleep playing this with friends, and agree with James--it's definately worth the wait. Marth. For. Life.:D

James Carmack
March 18th, 2008, 09:30 PM
It's Ike for me. I usually like more agile characters in games, but there's not much that can stand against a good swing of Ragnell. His recovery abilities aren't that great, which is all the more incentive to end things quickly.

Power to the J
March 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Ike's popular, and for obvious reasons. Marth's 'side-b attack' (I don't know the actual term for it; for Ike it's his arrow) sucks, to be plain. It has led to my death many times. Have you unlocked Snake? (Sorry, I can't resist yapping about this game to anybody who'll listen)

James Carmack
March 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I've had all the charas unlocked for some time now. There was only one I had to look up the unlock conditions for. (I won't say who in the odd chance you don't know the full roster yet.)

I like Snake well enough. He controls a bit sluggish for someone in his weight class, but I reckon that's to make him more "realistic". His inclusion in the game is worthwhile for the Codec conversations alone. ^o^

Esmenet
March 30th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I have all of the characters unlocked except jigglypuff but that's becasue I'm just lazy. I'm about 98% into the subspace and I've beat classic mode a million times. Overall I think it is an amazing game..far better than the original and melee in my opinion. It's great to play with a ton of people and by yourself for once. I kind of overplayed it though because I got it at midnight release and played it for over three weeks straight so I'm giving it a break for now. But I think it's definately worth the buy..especially for people that are looking for a non shovel ware came for Wii

flamepyre
April 25th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Love the game, Ike is the win! Had a little bit of a problem when I first played him (His up-B doesn't move left or right and I kept forgetting that during a epic battle) The funny thing is that I don't even own it nor the wii yet i manage to win 19/20 battles :D so I don't know much about the whole sub-space!

Who do you guys think is the cheapest player?

saintjon
May 12th, 2008, 08:01 AM
I finally picked it up the other day but now my tv isn't working. Damn the misfortune, I got to play just enough to be head over heels for it. I only got the chance to unlock 1 character but so far of the new ones I love metaknight.

Gear
May 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Well after starting this thread 2 months ago the game still isn't out in Australia... but we have the release date at 26/06/08... another month away *sigh*

Can't wait to play as Metaknight and Ike.:D