SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

pockiiee
April 4th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I'm trying to find a book I vaguely remember -

Details I can remember:
Likely a trilogy but I have only read the first. Takes place on a future earth where mankind has been enslaved or dominated by an alien species, work menial jobs. The protagonist is, at the outset of the novels, more at home with the alien conquerers, her speaks their language very well and works as a kind of translator. He is however angry and self-loathing, drawn into a rebellion - rebels in his own way by first painting a symbol that comes to signify the resistance - might bel of a pilgrim- can't remember.

Any help would be appreciated.

In addition I really enjoy novels like this one, where mankind has to interact with conquerers/ other species so recommendations also welcome.

suciul
April 4th, 2008, 09:14 AM
In addition I really enjoy novels like this one, where mankind has to interact with conquerers/ other species so recommendations also welcome.

Not the requested book, but two books of this type where humanity is conquered, are When Heaven Fell by W. Barton and The Course of Empire by E. Flint and KD Wentworth.
The Barton book is quite bleak and is one of my all time favorites. The Flint book is more conventional and may have a sequel soon.

Added: The Course of Empire is available for free in the Baltic War CD at the Fifth Imperium site here:

http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/

Mookishboy
June 5th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I think thats a book Called " Way of the Pilgrim," by Gordon R. Dickson
There doesn't seem to much info on the old interweb regarding it.
But (http://www.amazon.com/Way-Pilgrim-Gordon-R-Dickson/dp/0312866623/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212685796&sr=8-20)

pockiiee
June 5th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I think thats a book Called " Way of the Pilgrim," by Gordon R. Dickson
[/URL]

That's it! Great job, thanks.

Mookishboy
June 5th, 2008, 04:52 PM
No probs :)

Pellinore
June 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
For a great series of a similar theme try the Corean Chronicles by L. E. Modesitt Jr.; also perhaps The Earthlords by Dickson. Another possibility- though of a bit different theme is Farnham's Freehold by Heinlein (also has post-apocalyptic themes).

B5B7
June 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
The Dickson book is quite good. A good series on similar theme is Timothy Zahn's 'Blackcollar' series.