PDA

View Full Version : Aliens, Predators & humans, oh my!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dragonrider
April 4th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Just placed my preorder for the latest in the franchise, "Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem". I've got all the other DVDs in the series; can't afford to miss one!

It got me thinking - I wonder how far this series is going to go? I've heard rumors they're going to make a third AVP movie, and possibly an Aliens 5 or a Predator 3. 4 Aliens movies so far, 2 Predators & 2 AVPs - could this series hit a dozen films or more?

Also, just for fun - is there ANOTHER franchise that could be added into the mix, so it would be "Aliens vs. Predator vs. ????"

I'm thinking Terminators... although I'd also love to see 'em make a meat puppet out of Dr. Who. :p

His Darkness
April 5th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Alien vs. Predator vs. Pokemon:D

Alien vs. Predator vs. The Three Amigos

Also, if Doctor Who can beat Daleks, Satan and Cybermen, he could totally own Aliens/Predators.:cool:

Dawnstorm
April 5th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Alien vs. Predator vs. the Blob

saintjon
April 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Alien vs. Predator Down Under ;) (dating myself with that one)

Wulfa_Jones
April 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I have no problem with another Alien film, there is a great deal of room within that idea for further films. Predator, however, I'm not too sure on. The first Predator film was great, the second not so great and I'm not sure what else they could do with it. The Alien's can pop up anywhere and whilst the story is limited to how the xenomorpths behave, the situation can differ greatly.

The Predators, unlike the Aliens, are fully thinking beings with a culture and civilisation. They only come to earth to hunt and there just isn't anything else they could do with it unless it involved going to the middle east other something because that is were conflict is at the moment.

With AvP they seem to have forgotten that the original appeal of the comic books was Xenomorpths vs Predators vs everyone favourite Space Marines. That is the AvP film I want to see - set in the future with pulse rifles and drop ships.

As for fantasy vs match... I think Batman vs Predator would be great. It makes sense, the Predators look for the great hunt and the Batman is one of (DC) earths great heroes. The comic series was pretty good and Batman: Dead End is pretty cool as well.

Dragonrider
April 7th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Alien vs. Predator vs. The Three Amigos

Of course! "They're space aliens which have become SO famous, they're INfamous." :D

Dragonrider
April 7th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I have no problem with another Alien film, there is a great deal of room within that idea for further films. Predator, however, I'm not too sure on. The first Predator film was great, the second not so great and I'm not sure what else they could do with it. The Alien's can pop up anywhere and whilst the story is limited to how the xenomorpths behave, the situation can differ greatly.

The Predators, unlike the Aliens, are fully thinking beings with a culture and civilisation. They only come to earth to hunt and there just isn't anything else they could do with it unless it involved going to the middle east other something because that is were conflict is at the moment.

This is why I'm kind of hoping that the third AvP movie might take place on the Predator planet - I'd love to see them get more into the Predator culture and such. There IS supposed to be some sort of documentary about the background behind the Predators and their home planet on the 2-disc version of the AvP:R DVD; maybe they've already done a bit of early work in this direction, perhaps?

With AvP they seem to have forgotten that the original appeal of the comic books was Xenomorpths vs Predators vs everyone favourite Space Marines. That is the AvP film I want to see - set in the future with pulse rifles and drop ships.

Well, it wasn't space marines, but at least they got the National Guard into the last one; it was a step in the right direction.

Plus we got to see a chick driving a tank, and you KNOW that's always a good time in an Aliens movie! :D

His Darkness
April 9th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Alien v Predator v Sesame Street!

catsrule1
April 9th, 2008, 10:25 AM

Yeah, but ?Who to cheer for? Then they can move on to Barney and the Teletubbies. Get rid of a bunch of highly irritating quasi entities! Then they could advance on a bunch of even more irritating sitcom characters. Maybe after that, then send in the marines to take care of them both.

Dragonrider
April 10th, 2008, 07:04 PM

Hah! Your Alien inner mouth-tongue may be able to rip through a man's hard hat, but it can't get through... OSCAR'S TRASH CAN!!!

I wonder how many chestbursters we'd get if the Predalien did that "mouth impregnating" thing to SNUFFLEUPAGUS, like the hospital scene in AvP:R?

Ewwwwwww. :p

(If a Predator skinned a Muppet alive and hung 'em upside down like in Predator 2 and AVP:R... would the result be just a sock? :D)