PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts ( your views)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FremenWarrior
April 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
hi just want to know what you think of the kingdom hearts series. I liked it and liked the mixed imaginative universe of final fantasy and disney..

good idea or bizarre failure???

Proofer
April 10th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I keep meaning to go back and finish this game! At first I thought the Disney/Square mix would be horrible but it didn't work out so badly even though I didn't care for the game so much.

As a Final Fantasy 8(one of my favorite FF's) and Buffy fan the best part of the whole game was having Squall voiced by David Boreanaz. Hmm...that might be motivation enough for me to pop the game into my PS2 again!

FremenWarrior
April 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I know its good. i've completed both games for the ps2 and am into ff as well but i prefer VII and X because they have excellent characters and stories.

Esmenet
April 10th, 2008, 02:50 PM
The first one was good. I can't say that I loved Disney characters interfering with my gaming experience, but overall it was an ok game. 6 out of 10. (some would disagree with me, but it is just my opinion). I started this game with a very pessimistic attidue. I didn't think Disney and Final Fantasy were supposed to be mixed, and quite frankly I still don't. The second one was garbage. It took everything the first one did and redid it, only worse. The worlds were unoriginal and boring and the characters were redundant. Overall I was very disappointed with the series and I didn't even bother finishing the second one.

Proofer
April 10th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Since I couldn't be bothered to finish the 1st one I didn't even bother picking up the 2nd one. Though the bad guys had some cool outfits in that one. At an anime convention I stumbled upon a company that actually makes clothing based on outfits from movies and video games, and they let me try on their replica Kingdom Hearts 2 jacket. I most likely will never play the game but that jacket was awesome!

Heresy
August 13th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I've played 1 and 2 although I never finished both of them. I got alot farther in number 1, but gave up playing when I had the Beast in my party. Just don't know what it was, but I got bored and gave up - the fights were tedious and just not that much fun for me.

Personally, I saw the possiblity of two good games unforunately merged into one. Square-Enix should have kept Disney characters out of this one and just made a Disney game without mixing their Square's characters into it.

FremenWarrior
August 14th, 2008, 05:29 AM
i must admit that the addition of disney characters seemed somewhat unwise in a combat based game. most people when they think of disney think "lovable childrens characters" and not "combat mad animals" and so it dampens the effect of the game. it would have been better if you could have had characters like cloud or leon in your party or Auron from FF10 like from the second game.

But with the new decision by square enix to move the final fantasy games to Xbox 360 we can only hope they will do the same with kingdom hearts and try to add more emphasis to the final fantasy heritage of this "hybrid" game. there is a lot more to be gained by including more final fantasy themed missions as the disney based ones quickly grow stale and uninteresting.