PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Spin Offs

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Esmenet
April 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM
What is with all the Final Fantasy spin offs? I just read in EGM that there will be another Crystal Chronicals ( titled my life as a king or something ridiculous like that) game coming out in Fall 2008! Enough is enough! I will admit I loved Ring of Fates (Just finished it yesterday) and Crisis Core is very very well done. But all these other remakes (Chocobo racing especially) need to stop. Final Fantasy VII was a great game, and these constant remakes, rereleases and spin offs are ruining the franchise imo.

I just wanted to hear your thoughts on this, or on Final Fantasy in general. Also if anyone has played Crisis Core, comments on that would be appreciated as well.

Muess
April 21st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Yep, it feels like they've really started to milk this cash-cow since the Square/Enix merger. It's hard to say if it's a good or bad thing really. As long as it doesn't detract from the quality of the main FF releases then I can't say I'm to bothered by it especially if more quality spin-offs like Crisis Core are released.

Esmenet
April 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM
I have to agree with you. Although it is still irritating when I hear about another FF game and get excited, only to find out it's a crappy spin off.

NO-F.X.
May 8th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Advent Children should be a game.
FF7 should be a movie.

Then all will be well in the universe.

Esmenet
May 8th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Haha. Amen NO-F.X.

By the way...does your user name have to do with the band? Or do you just like the sound.

NO-F.X.
May 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I use that as my wrestling alias on the indy circuit. Didn't know there was a band.

Esmenet
May 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
it's a horrible band. i'm actually glad you didn't know who they are. hah