SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Jcazmusic
April 20th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Hi Everyone,
Great to find this forum!
I am trying to find a book that was read to me when I was in grade school.
I remember that it had us hanging on the edge of our seat and with a big
Aawwww....every time the chapter would end. Now, I want to read it to my kids. After many google searches I decided to try and find some help. So, here I am.
I have *very* little to go on but I hope someone will recognize what I do remember.
I *think* the main characters names were Magda and Luke. That about it.:eek: (told ya)
I remember that they would travel from point A to B through some kind of tunnel system and there was always a fear of the rats? that lived in the tunnels. I think this took place on a large space station. I also think that it may be a lesser known book by a well known author.
This was read to me about 30 years ago.
I hope one of you will know it instantly and I thank you in advance for your expertise.
J

JunkMonkey
April 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Rings a bell. My first thought was Giant Killer by A. Bertram Chandler. Probably isn't. Though the phrase 'The men in the walls' also sprang into my mind.

Ropie
April 26th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Also sounds a little like Non Stop by Brian Aldiss..

Jcazmusic
April 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. No luck. I was not able to find a summary of "The Men in the Walls" although some references to it. Also, not sure if you mean the book or if that is a quote.
Onward with the search!
:cool:

JunkMonkey
May 7th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the replies. No luck. I was not able to find a summary of "The Men in the Walls" although some references to it. Also, not sure if you mean the book or if that is a quote.
Onward with the search!
:cool:

I'm not sure either but as soon as I saw the original post that phrase just popped into the front of my mind.