PDA

View Full Version : The Universe of Naruto

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FremenWarrior
June 8th, 2008, 09:09 AM
who else here agrees that Naruto is excellent. I actually had doubts at first but on viewing season 1 I was craving for more. The characters are brilliant and contrast perfectly especcially squad 7 (Naruto,Sasuke,Sakura and Kakashi).

They have really amazing powers such as the ability to perform Jutsu's (Powerful techniques/ transformations/ Mind Manipulation/) and Gen-Jutsu's handed down bloodlines or through demon possesion. Such as Narutos Kyuubi, Gaara's sand demon, Sasuke/Kakashis Sharingan eyes.

The story of Naruto's struggle for acceptance in his village gives a great backdrop for his character (Typically Unloved and friendless until squad 7)
Sasuke (Isolated, Powerful and mysterious) and Sakura (obsessed with Sasuke, Intelligent and underestimated.

Other characters in the Naruto Universe include:

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi, Third Hokage, Iruka, Zabuza, Haku, Tazuna, Jirailya, Orochimaru, Konohamaru, Moegi, Neji, Rock Lee, Might Guy, Gaara, Inaari, Kaisa, Kiba, Hinata, Ino and many more.

what is your favourite: character, Episode, storyline.

saintjon
June 10th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Part of the appeal for me is that there are a lot of characters I like so I find it hard to single one out. Actually, Naruto is probably my favourite character. I've read more of the comic than I have seen of the show, I find I mostly enjoy the comic more, the show appeals to me when they get around to showing some of the crazier fights because sometimes they are tricky to follow exactly in comic form. Also, the show seems to have 3 tiers of animation quality and the bottom one is embarassingly bad. I guess that's okay because they usually do the low points of the story to that standard but if you're watching on tv it can be a real drag since you then have to wait a week hoping for a better episode. I find the show relies way too much on flashbacks. At heart it's a kid show but it's kind of insulting to your intelligence to sit through 10 minutes of recap every other episode.

The high points are brilliant though and for the most part they maintain the original vision so over all I dig it.

2fred
June 17th, 2008, 06:28 AM
the show appeals to me when they get around to showing some of the crazier fights because sometimes they are tricky to follow exactly in comic form. Also, the show seems to have 3 tiers of animation quality and the bottom one is embarassingly bad. I guess that's okay because they usually do the low points of the story to that standard but if you're watching on tv it can be a real drag since you then have to wait a week hoping for a better episode. I find the show relies way too much on flashbacks. At heart it's a kid show but it's kind of insulting to your intelligence to sit through 10 minutes of recap every other episode.

Same for me.
I started watching the anime on a friend's recommendation and got hooked immediately. However, being overly curious on how the series would continue after episode [enter number], I could not resist reading the manga on which the anime is based on.
From that point on points of low quality art, the countless flashbacks and worse, the so-called "filler" episodes (episodes where the anime "invents" new adventures not drawn in the manga), started to annoy me greatly.
Still, to see the action in motion, and hear actual sounds and voices (the voices of Kakashi and Orochimaru are quite excellent) is still a great plus.
So I made a compromise, now I only watch the canon-episodes, and I fastforward the flashbacks. ;-)

[By the way I download fansubbed original japenese version, not living in the u.s.a.]

Favourite characters are Naruto and Sasuke. I just love the whole dynamic between these two characters.