PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica Season 4, Episode 10 (finale) *spoilers*

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Vooloc
June 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
whoa, what an end to this part of seasaon 10
finally made it to earth and its devastated, i picked that half way through, thought they would put some twist in there somewhere but who else thinks that humans are actually somewhere else by now and that Galactica will discover them in the next part of the season. how far away is that btw, a friend said 6 months?

Rob B
June 15th, 2008, 09:28 PM
It might be 6 to 9 months. But whao, nice ending. Much better than showing up in 1980.

Vooloc
June 16th, 2008, 04:19 AM
where were the flying bikes?

boyo
June 27th, 2008, 08:25 AM
According to Sci-Fi Wire, you shouldn't put too much credence in what you saw in episode ten. Was it really Earth? Was it uninhabited?

Oh, and we still don't know who the final Cylon is...

Plus there are ten confirmed episodes left, with rumours of another "Razor"-style movie and perhaps and additional two episodes.

Add to that the rumor that the finale is 3 hours long and that "Caprica", the long-waited (as well as long-rumored) prequel, is on its way.

Sci-Fi Channel needs something...with Dr. Who going on sabbatical and Battlestar wrapping up, all it will be left with is Stargate: Atlantis, a great show for fun, but heavy on sugar and little on substance. Rumors abound about Stargate: Universe, but we'll see.

Werthead
January 13th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Battlestar is back this week in the USA, with the first of the last ten episodes airing on Friday evening on the Sci-Fi Channel. Sky One will start showing the same episodes a week tonight.

There will be ten episodes, although the last episode is apparently triple the length of a normal one, and it is unclear if it will aired in one go or split into a normal 44-minute episode and a double-length series finale.

There is also a new TV movie called The Plan which will air in June and show the events of the first two seasons from the Cylon perspective, including that of the hitherto-unrevealed Fifth Cylon.

According to rumour we get a 'massive clue' to the identity of the Final Cylon in this week's episode. Others suggest we get told outright who it is, along with several other answers to long-standing mysteries.

Eldanuumea
January 15th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I've long wished I had gotten into BG, but just never had the time. Stargate stuff was all hubby would put up with on one night.:rolleyes:
The TV teasers for the final season have me REALLY wanting to watch, but will I be totally lost if I tune in without having ever seen even one episode?:confused:

I suppose I could try to buy them and begin at the beginning......but man, Friday's show is looking like a must-see.

Werthead
January 16th, 2009, 07:05 AM
The TV teasers for the final season have me REALLY wanting to watch, but will I be totally lost if I tune in without having ever seen even one episode?:confused:

Yes. BSG is one big story with a beginning, middle and end. Trying to jump in now would be like starting Lord of the Rings on page 850 ;) Also, there are major twists and turns in the first 3.5 seasons which are best come to unawares. Starting now would spoil the biggest surprises of the series.

Erfael
January 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Without saying anything spoilerish, I'll just say that the biggest "revelation" of last night's episode is something the writers will have to work very hard to sell me on...unless it's a red herring...

Thradar
January 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
I believe the show lost it's way after the 2nd season. While it has had it's moments since then, it's a shadow of its former self. Season 3 (as a whole) was really...not good. And their scheduling methodology of breaking seasons in half and making us wait about 9 months between them is utterly silly and off putting.

That being said, I've invested in the show since the beginning, so I'm sticking through to the end. Do any of you remember the beginning? Sitting down and thinking "This is going to be terribad." only to be blown away by the quality? Wish they could have stuck with it instead of playing games with the fans. :(

Erfael
January 19th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Season 4 being broken in half had much more to do with last year's writer's strike than any decision by the producers or network. They just didn't have episodes to air and they didn't have scripts to film.