PDA

View Full Version : If you love the Firefly TV show, please help.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

johnnk
June 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
As anyone who has seen an episode of Firefly can tell you. Firefly is undoubtedly one of the most brilliant television series ever created. How else could a television show which only aired for nine episodes, in the wrong order, aired on Friday night, was prempted by baseball, was given little to no marketing, and was pulled from the air so quickly, managed to draw in such a dedicated fan base that the dvds sales numbered among the highest of all time, a major feature film was produced, and the series is still, to this day, the highest rated television series on tv.com three years after the last episode was aired. There's a reason why the feature film based on the franchise has recieved very positive reviews from virtually every major publication, though it's still not nearly as brilliant as the television show. Furthermore, the brilliant characters and the rich universe that the franchise immerses you has so many possibilities for storylines since each new world that the crew manages to find themselves on can very plausibly be like no other world they've been on before. Each could have a wholly distinct ruling body, a very different set of rules and beliefs, and could each expose the audience to a wholly novel experience.

Please take a moment and sign the petition! (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/bringbackfirefly)

saintjon
June 29th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Done and done.

Wulfa_Jones
June 30th, 2008, 04:38 AM
While I did enjoy the show, I don't think Joss Whedon would go back to it now. He's said that he told the story that he wanted to within the film, that the film was the story arc compacted.

He's moved on to other projects now so I really don't think he's any wish to revist the series.

boyo
June 30th, 2008, 07:30 AM
No problemo! Signed and in, but Wulfa is right...Josh has stated that he's moved on. I'm sure he would do another movie, though. As for the TV show, there's a better chance of getting "Jericho" picked up by a third party and a return of "Firefly", yet where there's hope, there's life!

johnnk
June 30th, 2008, 02:23 PM
If you want you can help me get sigs, here's the code so you can copy and paste: http://tinypaste.com/efe10

Dromed
July 1st, 2008, 02:16 AM
What exactly are we supporting by signing this petition? It seems very unclear to me - I could only find a mix statistics in my skimming of the text.

No solid statement.

If you want Firefly back, with more episodes, I can't support that.

I am a huge firefly fan, having seen the entire series and movie more times than I can count. It has a charm that I doubt will ever be matched for a long time.

Firefly is concluded, the story has been told, and 1/4 of the Serenity crew are dead.

Personally, I'm not interested in a revisit to this world again, if all it's going to be is an attempt to re-live the magic of the original series.

Lets see what Joss can come up with next, because it might be better. Different, but possibly better.

fluffy bunny
July 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
I loved firefly, I really did. The interactions between the cast really gave it heart and let it shine. However, I don't see how this petition (one of several hundred from when the show was first cancelled) would add anything. A significant amount of time has passed since serenity and a lot of the cast and crew have moved on. There may be a remake/reimagining in 10yrs or so but for now just be happy with the quality of what was made.